LegacyGT.com

Front Cover

just google image search 'subaru outback car bra'... i see them around here from time to time but really, they dont look like they line up right, and it makes it look like the hood doesnt close all the way...

i dont remember what its called but there's some transparent vinyl or something like that that you put on the front and is supposed to protect everything the same way

The problem I have with a hood bra is that it serves the same purpose as those thin plastic films that come on new items to keep delicate surfaces from getting scratched. However, they look terrible in the process. So basically you are using something that looks ugly because you are trying to keep it looking nice... but what the **** is the point if it looks like crap the entire time you own it?! I always have to resist the urge to rip off the clear plastic protectors on electronics in other people's homes. They curl up at the edges and get all yellowed and I'm like TAKE IT OFF, and they are like NO, I WANT IT TO STAY LOOKING LIKE NEW! The hell...

And don't say resale value, because (a) a few rock chips on the nose of the car aren't going to affect anything, and (b) enjoy the damned car and its good looks and screw the few extra dollars you'll gain on trade-in!

/rant

Archived