LegacyGT.com

I'm lookin' to buy a OBDII scanner...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-ELM327-OBDII-OBD-II-OBD2-Interface-Bluetooth-V1-5-Auto-Diagnostic-Scanner-/160856334722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2573c8e182

i got one of these suckers. works well, i think i got lucky so far. from reading up on them, its about a 50/50 chance at getting a crappy one. for 15 bucks i was willing to try it out, hehe. i use it with torque on my phone.

• I Donated

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-ELM327-OBDII-OBD-II-OBD2-Interface-Bluetooth-V1-5-Auto-Diagnostic-Scanner-/160856334722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2573c8e182

i got one of these suckers. works well, i think i got lucky so far. from reading up on them, its about a 50/50 chance at getting a crappy one. for 15 bucks i was willing to try it out, hehe. i use it with torque on my phone.

+1. If you own an android phone, then you just need to pay for two things:

5 bucks for the Torque app.

15-20 bucks for the dongle ELM 327 on ebay.

I've been using these items for more than a year without any issues whatsoever. You can monitor several variables off the ECU, as well as checking CEL codes and clearing them.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/android-torque-app-155188.html

• 3 weeks later...
The Bluetooth device has been paired with my android for month but I tried disconnecting and reconnecting. My Bluetooth code was the generic 1234. Torque reads the device but the device is ELM327 and to my understanding the author of Toque is working on the SSM protocol.

I had same problem connecting to my OBD2 bluetooth and finally figured out what I did wrong in my tablet Android Samsung. You must enable 2 items: Bluetooth in Settings and Torque SW.

When pairing, it will ask PW (1234) that's in Bluetooth settings, not Torque SW settings.

I paired OBD2 to my tablet in Settings in not enough. You must enable in Torque too. At the bottom of the screen, there is a "3 bar" selection. Select that then select Settings, then OBD2 Adapter Settings, then Choose Bluetooth device, then select your OBD2 device. Mine is called CBT. Now you're ready to go.

I paired OBD2 to my tablet in Settings in not enough. You must enable in Torque too. At the bottom of the screen, there is a "3 bar" selection. Select that then select Settings, then OBD2 Adapter Settings, then Choose Bluetooth device, then select your OBD2 device. Mine is called CBT. Now you're ready to go.

i forgot about that part. mine was named something like that as well.

No luck, my android has the Bluetooth connected and torque reads my Bluetooth device as OBDII. When I go to adaptor status, only thing that is yellow is "connection to ECU", everything else is green.http://img.tapatalk.com/7ed20803-d52f-f01e.jpg

Does it matter that my B4 is JDM?

It is possible that the ELM327 is not working properly. Apparently, these devices are like hit and miss. Some work just fine while others don't. Another problem could be that it really can't communicate with your ECU. I'd try it with another car first.

• 4 weeks later...
While doing all the research hullabaloo for my 99 OBW, I learned that it's a crapshoot for the JDM ECUs to support any form of the OBDII protocols. It's essentially a SSM port in an OBDII shape. The Torque community is still trying to 'spoof' some conversion of the SSM protocol, but it requires a specific adapter and PC software just for them to dink around. Stand alone ECU is the only option in your case. Not sure why some people have had minor success with the JDMs

• 4 months later...

Archived