LegacyGT.com

if you had $5000 to put into your stock 05 lgt....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it wasn't paid off, I'd start there.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• I Donated
Assuming it was paid off, I'd do pretty much what's on my car now. BNR Evo 16G ($800), PW TMIC ($1000), CNT catted DP ($300), catless UP ($150), Gaugetek VBG1 with oil pressure ($350), Koni Yellows ($500), Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires on stock wheels ($500), used winter wheels with some kind of snow tires ($700), e-tune ($200). I'd add to what I have now better brake pads ($300) and a clutch ($600), which puts me a little over budget ($5400), but provides a well-rounded DD Stage 3 setup.

Depends on mileage and it's current state. I would definitely sew up any loose ends regarding wear items (belts, hoses, filters, tires, fluid changes, etc.), and ensure it's in good health (inspect for turbo shaft play, banjo filters, compression and leak down testing included). Then use balance of budget with tightening up suspension, braking, and modest power goals (read stage 2) with reliability as a focus if I were to use it as a DD.

Otherwise fulton's list is a good one!

True, but the stock lgt is "fast" already. I did it for 3 years.

Traveled and explored the US with it.

It was fast or maybe I drove it fast.

Just keep it stock and enjoy life.

I kinda regret spending 1k for stage 2.

Should of used it as Road Trips/Gas/Fun/Family $.

True, but the stock lgt is "fast" already.

No, it definitely isn't.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

5000 dollar prostitute..

Two... 2500 dollar prostitutes at the same time. :spin:

But more seriously, a nice set of coilovers (if that's your kind of thing and you're going to track the car), a second set of tires to go with a summer/winter tire setup. The remainder, save it for track days or a couple hotdogs.

• I Donated
I wouldnt put any money into a 05 LGT. I would however sell it and combine the monies and buy a used 08-09 Spec.B :)

Good luck with that. SpecBs are going for a lot more than $5000 plus what I paid for my 05. And I bought it almost two years ago!

I wouldnt put any money into a 05 LGT. I would however sell it and combine the monies and buy a used 08-09 Spec.B :)

oh so an 05 gt isn't good enough for you? I'm pretty sure the majority of 2.5why owners would take an 05 GT

Archived