LegacyGT.com

Technical info on BOV/BPV Set up and operation

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

decent spool maybe.. thats about all the vf40 has going for it when pushed. and thats not even really much to talk about.

Its the turbo not liking the FMIC. VF-40/46 are really pathetic when it comes down to it.

yes i agree that it does not like high boost pressure i am only running 15-17psi i use to push it past 19 but I see no need for it since it doesn't make much of a difference after about 17psi. also I want to keep from killing it :lol:

20 is possible. but anything over 18.5 is killing it fast. Asking it to hit 18 with the FMIC might require a restrictor pill and a EBCS. Maybe as small as a 0.8mm pill. Which will certainly degrade turbo life.

If you can get it to hit and hold 17-17.5psi with a FMIC you are fine. That is about all the VF-40/46 can do.

20 is possible. but anything over 18.5 is killing it fast. Asking it to hit 18 with the FMIC might require a restrictor pill and a EBCS. Maybe as small as a 0.8mm pill. Which will certainly degrade turbo life.

If you can get it to hit and hold 17-17.5psi with a FMIC you are fine. That is about all the VF-40/46 can do.

ok i just recirculated my bov and switched my intake back to the stock and didn't make much of a difference besides not back-firing when i shift. I took it for a test drive and funny thing is if i give it 3/4 throttle it will hit around 19-20 and bounce back and forth but if I give it full throttle it will hold at about 15 then taper off to about 13psi.??? I have always had a problem with this turbo dropping around 13psi but why would it be different when I have it half throttle or full throttle.

Yes. When you make the change there are a few parameters that need adjusting. It is more than you would think.

Thanks Dale. I am extremely proud to now own two Stickies here on the forum. Maybe I can someday make the "hall of fame", LOL.

I tried to tune my FMIC on my own. I got close. In the end Shamar cleaned it up for me and taught me a thing or two. Leave it to the pros. I turn the wrenches, Shamar does the tuning. He is the "Infamous" in Infamous Performance and Tuning.

I tried to tune my FMIC on my own. I got close. In the end Shamar cleaned it up for me and taught me a thing or two. Leave it to the pros. I turn the wrenches, Shamar does the tuning. He is the "Infamous" in Infamous Performance and Tuning.

lol yes i turn wrenches i use to do it for a living but tuning no way i leave that to someone that knows computers. I know how to install not tune. And I am going to try and have him tune my car this weekend if he can

hey guys anybody install a turbo xs rfl bov recently? i just installed one yesterday and in the kit there was nothing to block off the recirculation hose and showed nothing to do with it any ideas of what to do? can post pictures if necessary thanks, Mike. :confused:

• 1 month later...

If on the other hand, you put on a valve such as the GFB Hybrid or Stealth FX in which you can alter the venting ratio, and 50% of the air is recirculated, then the mixture will not go as rich, and the chance that you will run into problems such as backfiring or loss of performance is proportionally less.

The mixture will not go as rich as what? As rich as OEM or as rich as 100% atm?

If the OEM is full recirc, how could anyone get compressor surge on an OEM valve?

lol

As rich as 100% VTA.

Spring not opening. It is easy. Surge and creep are normal with VF-39's. Pain to try and get perfect sometimes.

Sorry duffy, missed your post. Not sure, but I think you want to go 100% VTA. This is not recommended. But a pic would help.

Nope. Ever been cruising in 5th (6th) at highway speeds and rolled on the throttle from 3000rpm to accelerate past another car? Hear a light "gobble" sound as you accelerate? Its surge. Not a big deal at light throttle, but its there. I have heard VF-39's wastegates flap too. Creeping under same conditions.