LegacyGT.com

I hate asking but need help dearly. Studders past 15+ psi/ 1/3+ throttle

I was specifically asking for the ECU grounding, which is wired under the dashboard, so you need to poke your head under it and leave footprints in the ceiling to check that.

And be aware that you may have ground sometimes and sometimes not which is why the problems are intermittent.

It can of course be the power too.

Did you check the ignition lock? It's known to sometimes cause problems like that.

453747.png

Looking a bit on the wiring diagram I would say that jumping a wire between any fuse marked "B" in the cabin to fuse 12 should circumvent the ignition lock. But check Fuse 12 to make sure it's OK. You may need to make some kind of "vampire" fuse using a soldering iron. Put a switch on the wire so you can cut the power if necessary.

Look here too:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4487789&postcount=359

Page 5148 for '05.

453747.png

There was a recent thread where somebody's aftermarket intake hose was collapsing closed under heavy open throttle, and it would act like a serious fuel cut. Possible?
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

There was a recent thread where somebody's aftermarket intake hose was collapsing closed under heavy open throttle, and it would act like a serious fuel cut. Possible?

It wouldn't explain why the logging freezes, which leads me to suspect electrical demons.

453747.png

It wouldn't explain why the logging freezes, which leads me to suspect electrical demons.

I also had that thought, but I took a chance with the "collapsing intake" suggestion because having logs freeze under WOT is such a common unrelated issue itself (even happened to me before I added the capacitor across k-line and ground!). Anyway, I tend to always agree with your assessments ehsnils :)

Just thought I'd throw this one in there too.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

In another recent post from another member, under load the engine would stutter and logging would cut out. Turned out to be a cracked spark plug - perhaps it was arcing and wreaking electrical havoc?

Archived