LegacyGT.com

Stock spring on Bilstein shock

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the stockers on my Bilstein setup. The rears fit fine, but the stock springs jack up the front as they seem to be longer than the strut requires. The springs also don't really compliment the HD's that well. Ride quality is improved, but not that much. if you put the money into the struts, get some good springs as well.

I ordered a set of Pink springs right after installing with the stock springs.

Malt, u may want to think twice on pink spring. I was on Pink spring / Bilstein HD. Not nice at all. Literally hopping on every uneven road. That is why i created this thread tot of replacing the pink out but retain the shock.

Now im on H&R with Bilstein HD. Feel good

Malt, u may want to think twice on pink spring. I was on Pink spring / Bilstein HD. Not nice at all. Literally hopping on every uneven road. That is why i created this thread tot of replacing the pink out but retain the shock.

Now im on H&R with Bilstein HD. Feel good

How do your LCA bushings look? Those could contribute to a loose, hoppy feeling front end.

LCA bushings means the rear bushings on the front control arms (the big round ones).

Something must have been odd in your car. Mine with pinks is a LITTLE bouncy, but only when I hit the rear bumpstops. It's firm, but much less harsh than the springs I had before.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

My front LCA bushings were smoked, literally falling apart (at around 110k miles). I replaced them both (front and rear bushings) with the AVO polyurethane bushings when I did my strut install. These probably subtract a bit on ride comfort, but really firm up the front end. Even new OEM bushings will really tighten things up. They also only cost about $10.

• 1 month later...

Archived