LegacyGT.com

fuel light randomness?

anyone else's fuel warning lamp come on whenever the hell it feels like? it only doesn't at 1/4 and lower but i comes on and goes off seemingly at whatever mark it feels like. just wondering
I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

• I Donated

lol, you're probably the 28472984792847289th person to ask this.

the fuel gauges in our cars are notorious for being inaccurate and weird. There is no fix that I know of. I think its the contacts on the fuel level sensor thing that wear out.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Mine consistently comes on after running about 50 past E. But once it comes on it will go out if I am going up a hill, and then back on while I am going down hill. Out on a hard accelerate, back on a hard break. Turning real hard will also make it come and go.

I was testing out it's operation, seems like I can believe the light but not the gauges on my car. ;)

one on the left side and one on the right side. this is because of how the tank sits over the drive shaft.

when running lower on fuel you can have different amount of fuel on each side and some how the level each measures is averaged.

the one on the drivers side is just a sending unit while the one on the passenger side is a sending unit and the fuel pump in one.

Archived