LegacyGT.com

Valve cover nut - what size

Thanks.

I was thinking of the head bolts. See what a bad sinus infection will get ya .... confusion :confused:

I'm going to crawl under the car today (if I feel good enough) and try to stop some of the oil leaking onto the hot pipes. Not sure how old the gaskets are because I bought the car used. I'm wondering how much oil is sitting in the plug wells.

Valve covers are 10mm. You might be thinking of head bolts which are 14mm 12 points.

• I Donated
I'm wondering how much oil is sitting in the plug wells.

Absolutely none. Your plugs don't go through the valve covers like they would on a DOHC.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

never say never, but there is almost no chance that your head bolts or head gaskets are causing an oil leak.

it is most likely your valve cover gaskets if it is more forward. you may be able to snug them up a bit. DO NOT over do it. just check to see if they are tight. but new gaskets are easy.

or the oil separator plate on the rear of the block, which you have to pull the engine to replace. not so easy.

or it could be from the oil pump or crank or cam seals on the front of the engine. kind of medium hard and you probably should do the t-belt while you are in there. on most newer engines everyone says do all the pulleys and the water pump as well, but on a 95 non-interference engine you do not HAVE to do it all. but it would be easier. a belt or pulley failure will not damage your engine. but i will leave you stranded.

get some brake kleen and spray of the bottom of the engine. so you can see where the leaks are coming from.

Archived