LegacyGT.com

Jacking with RalliTek skid plate

Hey, how do you guys raise the front of the car with the RalliTek or other skid plate which covers the front crossmember? I was thinking of filling the gap with some hockey pucks when I needed to jack there. Any thoughts?

FWIW, I use two floor jacks, at the front lifting points by the bottom of the A pillar.

But I don't have the RalliTek or other skid plate.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The GTSpec does not cover the rear part of the subframe. :)

GTSpec ? I didn't see them when searching. I saw RalliTek and Primitive :(

I found an older thread that included part # GTS-SUS-1353 - but that doesn't exist in their listing on the website - nor do they list it under the LGT Parts - so I'm guessing they no longer offer it?:confused:

Old LGT Thread

Hmm. I usually jack it up on the the pinch weld usually and then stick a jack stand next to it, also on the pinch weld. The problem I've had with the skid plate is when I constantly drop tools and nuts and bolts down into the engine bay and they don't land on the ground. I have an extendable magnet though which helps me retrieve them.

I was thinking of the same thing and why my skid plate has just sat instead of being on the car. I was going to measure where the subframe jacking point is in relation to the skidplate and was just going to cut a hole in the skidplate. I use a rubber jack pad on the jack saddle and that would just fit through the opening.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived