LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed EBCS with stock bleed type routing

Hi everyone,

Long story short, I used to have a stage 3 tune with the grimmspeed EBCS but because of smog, I had to revert back to the VF40 stock map.

i can't find my stock boost solenoid so I need to hook up the EBCS as a 2-port bleed type but I am confused as to how.

I am trying to follow the instructions below but i'm still having issues connecting the lines.

https://www.grimmspeed.com/content/install_guides/boost_control_solenoid_online_version.pdf

so question:

port 2 connects to the wastegate?

- should I use the stock T-fitting, 1 side connecting to the internal waste gate and the other including the pill connects to the turbo inlet?

port 3 leave open

port 1 connect to intake snorkel.

or do I have this all messed up?

thanks

I don't know the answer to your question. I installed a Perrin EBCS a few days ago and am not confident I did it right. I think I might have blown my engine tonight. Actually I think I did the solenoid right but blew the engine by overboosting on a base map.

Sorry for thread hijacking. Just bummed and I was just struggling with a ebcs a few days ago so I can relate.

I don't know the answer to your question. I installed a Perrin EBCS a few days ago and am not confident I did it right. I think I might have blown my engine tonight. Actually I think I did the solenoid right but blew the engine by overboosting on a base map.

Sorry for thread hijacking. Just bummed and I was just struggling with a ebcs a few days ago so I can relate.

i'm sorry to hear that, any news on the motor?

I'd call them as they've left out the figure 2 in that manual, the one that shows you how to hook it up in bleed mode.

thanks dga, I'll see if i can give them a call later then. Until then hopefully someone knows how to hook this up in 2-port mode

Thanks everyone,

also I reached out to Grimmspeed and got a response from them:

Port 1 - to the T fitting (t fitting between compressor housing and wastegate)

Port 2 - Turbo inlet

Port 3 - Capped

which seems to be what the Mazdaspeed 6 manual suggests as well.

Archived