LegacyGT.com

12v Ignition Sources Behind Console

Yo Han

Howdy all!

Got my dash all tore apart and need to find another 12v source and would try to aviod tapping into the stereo/factory amp. I'm need 2 sources and one I have already is the cigarrette lighter under the stereo. Does anyone know of another 12v ignition behind the console or cubby area?

Thanks in advance!

Yo Han

Maybe I can. For now that would mean a GPS, Ipod and radar detector all pulling from one source. Was concerned that it would be too much drain on a single source. Plan on eventually hardwiring my V1, but for now that would have to be on that source also.

Use the cig lighter for all those. They barely use any power

I like that answer:) Gonna put them all on one, if I blow fuses I'll just deal with it then. Thanks all for the replies!

I highly doubt those things will pull more than 4 amps. it's a 10 or 15 amp fuse on the cig lighter

Yeah, I wasn't too worried about the ipod and the V1. The gps was more my concern since I couldn't find out how much it pulled. It's got a bunch of bells and whisltes like bluetooth, FM traffic and such, sure those draw more juice, but probably not enuff to make a difference. I've been known to be overly cautious...lol.

Here's a pic of the finished install at least for the cubby. Took about 3 hours to get it all right;). Ipod mount has plug integrated and goes into the vent to keep it clean;) My Garmin 660 also hooked up to to stereo thru Jazzy for bluetooth cell over speakers and also a mic for the bluetooth. Also expoxied a small glass peice for the suction cup mount. Holds much better than the plastic disc that came with my garmin. Slapping it all in tomorrow:)

Thanks again!

IMG_0404_2.JPG.302cbcb7eb1b27d374fb9b2924608bde.JPG

IMG_0398_1.JPG.2d775bd8194c3e77c92ce9db370bca61.JPG

Archived