LegacyGT.com

Brake pads for 92.50?

Nonvteclegacy

how about searching in the brake forum ?

And btw, if you are to spend a buck or two...just get aftermarket. I believe Cobbs will run 220 F&R; Hawks about 200 and Endless about as much. I got a smoking deal off another member so I ended up not buying. There's always Pep Boys and Murrys.

Just FYI...the OEM brake pads also come with the shim kit and caliper grease necessary to do a complete brake job. Most other brake pads kits do not include these items that if not replaced may cause brake noise. The shims and caliper grease are available in the aftermarket as well...they are just not included with the pads.

Like D-2.5-GT said, you can get cheaper OEM parts online.

For my previous cars, I used to get Raybestos Ceramic pads. Dust seems to stick less and they were quiet. They also included the brake shim (at least, the previous models did).

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?mfrcode=RAY&mfrpartnumber=PGD1078QS&parttype=219&ptset=A

For the LGT, I've decided to get the Hawk Ceramic pads from Brakeswap. Price is a little bit better and Hawk seems to have a good reputation.

• 3 months later...
I have yet to see a good aftermarket pad beside endless pads that dont dust alot. Endless pads will cost you though. It is one of the things you have to give up for better stopping power.

So I should just stick with the factory pads then? When rotors warp. Can you still get them cut? thanks

No, throwing money at the pads does not equal better anything. Look up some Akebono ceramic pads from tire rack, Hawk ceramics, Axxis Deluxe ceramics, EBC Yellow stuff, even Raybestos ceramic pads. The first two I've heard a lot of good things about, and I've used Hawk pads before (mind you more aggressive compounds, dusting wasn't a priority for me) with good success.

Most if, not all of those have the same or better stopping ability than OEM on top of dusting less and costing less.

Also, double check your fitment, I have a hunch your 2.5i may be using the same pad shape and size as the older subaru's; in which case there's a lot more pad choices for the older cars than the GT, and you can go nuts on what kind of pad to choose from.

EDIT: ok, a quick google for an 05+ 2.5i shows you may be running the same size 929 front pad and rotors (per DBA) as the 03-04 Legacy GT's, 03+ WRX's, etc. Basically...you got a hellova lot more options than the GT guys in pad selection. Do some more searching to doublecheck though because the application guides are sometimes out of date and incomplete (they're still not showing HPS pad availability for LGT's for example). It's the same deal with the rear pads

http://www.buybrakes.com/ebc/pad-apps-Subaru.html

No, throwing money at the pads does not equal better anything. Look up some Akebono ceramic pads from tire rack, Hawk ceramics, Axxis Deluxe ceramics, EBC Yellow stuff, even Raybestos ceramic pads. The first two I've heard a lot of good things about, and I've used Hawk pads before (mind you more aggressive compounds, dusting wasn't a priority for me) with good success.

Most if, not all of those have the same or better stopping ability than OEM on top of dusting less and costing less.

Also, double check your fitment, I have a hunch your 2.5i may be using the same pad shape and size as the older subaru's; in which case there's a lot more pad choices for the older cars than the GT, and you can go nuts on what kind of pad to choose from.

EDIT: ok, a quick google for an 05+ 2.5i shows you may be running the same size 929 front pad and rotors (per DBA) as the 03-04 Legacy GT's, 03+ WRX's, etc. Basically...you got a hellova lot more options than the GT guys in pad selection. Do some more searching to doublecheck though because the application guides are sometimes out of date and incomplete (they're still not showing HPS pad availability for LGT's for example). It's the same deal with the rear pads

http://www.buybrakes.com/ebc/pad-apps-Subaru.html

The Hawk Ceramics are a pretty good daily pad that doesnt dust much.

A cheaper option would be Wagner Thermoquiets. Should be about $40 for front.

If you want more aggressive pads, you just arent going to find one that doesnt dust. It's the nature of the beast.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

The Hawk Ceramics are a pretty good daily pad that doesnt dust much.

A cheaper option would be Wagner Thermoquiets. Should be about $40 for front.

If you want more aggressive pads, you just arent going to find one that doesnt dust. It's the nature of the beast.

+1 on the Hawk Ceramics, they have an amazing bite to them compared to stock. I've been using them for about a year now with a HUGE improvement in brake dust. Look on BrakeSwap.com or TireRack for the front and rear sets (Front D929 Back D1114)

Hawk Ceramics dust less than stock? How are they on noise?

I find the stock pads to produce little dust, certainly far less than I've had with VW and Volvo stock pads.

They dust a whole lot less than stock and there is no squealing or noise of that sort whatsoever. I have heard of Hawks producing noise but those were from installations where there wasn't any or enough lube applied to the shims or calipers.

Archived