LegacyGT.com

Can a dual climate control head unit be used in NA?

patriki

Hello,

I did a search on this and came back with so many threads most of which had nothing to do with what I am looking for.

My question is, can a head unit that has manual HVAC controls be swapped out with one that has automatic dual climate control?

This is for a 2005 2.5i by the way.

If it can't be done, what are the limitations of this?

I know people have tried the other way around(or at least talked about it) short answer is no, unless you replace a lot of stuff. not just the module. BTW rubber keyboards suck for typing. lol

Hello,

I did a search on this and came back with so many threads most of which had nothing to do with what I am looking for.

My question is, can a head unit that has manual HVAC controls be swapped out with one that has automatic dual climate control?

This is for a 2005 2.5i by the way.

If it can't be done, what are the limitations of this?

Highline said they could do it. The cost associated with doing it would be prohibitive, however since swapping to a Legacy GT would be less expensive:lol: I believe they were thinking a minimum of $2,500 to do the retrofit.

yeah...but their stuff was pricey to begin with

Then find someone else that does it cheaper :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pricey? Depends on how you look at it. Have you seen the amount of work involved? It was 15-20 hours of labor or more for each one-off custom kit they built. I don't know what labor runs where you live, but it's between $60 and $80 per hour here. Do the math.

Archived