LegacyGT.com

Bought my 09 Legacy back in January of 09, have driven it the past two years without doing much to it. I love the car, but want to put a little extra money into it since I plan on driving it until it dies. I bought a Legacy 2.5i Special Edition with an Automatic transmission. I know, should have bought a Manual, but after my last car, I did not want to. I would like to put a new exhaust on it, possibly an intake, but mainly want to put a new brake system on it. I haven't found much on the net for parts and was wondering where some good places are to find parts for my car? Thank you for any help

For brakes, a decent cost effective upgrade is to swap to the LGT brakes. Ive seen them pop up in the Member Classifieds every now and then. I've done this on my car, no regrets.

In my opinion, I wouldnt spend money on an intake unless you want the under hood bling and extra noise. Our cars dont really like intakes. Read why here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471819

Just get a high-flow, rewashable filter made by AVO or aFe and call it a day. Both available from infamousperformance.net

For exhaust, I would just weld on a pair of universal mufflers. Magnaflow or Vibrant Performance make decent universals. Most exhausts for the Legacy are cat-backs that are made for the LGT which have 3" piping. They'll fit, but you'll probably lose some low-end torque.

+1 on all of the above.

with LGT brakes, cost effective wise i don't think there is a better upgrade you can get. and once you have the system you can take advantage of the aftermarket pads and rotors in that size.

if you don't feel like swapping the whole system, i put in centric rotors and akebono pads from tire rack; performance wise it's about the same as stock but i've noticed that it's a lot less prone to rust than the OEM rotors, also the OEM pads would also put uneven deposits on the rotors causing vibrations which were pretty annoying for me. i haven't had any issues since switching.

Thank you for the tips. I'm gonna look into swapping out my brakes for the GT system. That's too bad the intake wouldn't do much, I was hoping to get some performance out of it, but if the stock one is better, that's fine by me

Thank you for the tips. I'm gonna look into swapping out my brakes for the GT system. That's too bad the intake wouldn't do much, I was hoping to get some performance out of it, but if the stock one is better, that's fine by me

There is no point inf swapping to LGT brakes with a all stock 2.5i instead of wasting hundreds on that you should get some Hawk Pads The stock brake are more than adequate to stop the car. You don't even need to get Hawk pads all around only up front, LGT guys do this as well b/c the stock rears are more than up to the job.

Get a AVO or K&N panel filter.

Save your money :)

Brakes

suspension

tires

Panel filter

window tint (if not already)

Hawk front and autozone prem back brakes

Keep it classy, and maybe add some nice wheels with the nice tires. No need for junk on these cars. You would be very happy I think with the list above.

Archived