LegacyGT.com

Accessport help please

VTlgt

Hey guys,

i have a V1 for my lgt i plugged it into my car oh about 4 months ago cause i had the o2 sencor code pop up cause i have a TBE and uppipe. and it cleared it. But the other day the engine light and cruise poped back up. how do i clear it again? do i have to leave the V1 plugged in at all time? im not too good when it comes to my EM

any help will be great thanks

You don't need to leave it plugged in, but you do need to figure out why it's throwing the codes. A Stg2 map should cover the O2 sensor and EGT codes. Hook up the AP and scroll down the menu and select the read codes option and see what codes it's giving you. Then to clear them you just go back to the main menu and select reset ECU. Now, after you reset the ECU; you will need to re-load the RealTime map if you have one.
Let's kick this pig!

The AP isn't causing the CEL. What map do you have installed? You don't HAVE to flash a real time map to your car. When you reset your ECU (or flash a base map), the ECU creates a real time map to use from whatever base map you have installed. The only time you would need to flash a real time map is when you want to throw on a map like the economy or valet map temporarily (some customized tunes also needed to have a base and real time map flashed because the V1 maps could not always store enough info in one file). If you still have the CEL or if it happens again, you should do like qikslvr said and try to pull the code using the AP. If the AP says there aren't any codes, then you can try using the built-in code reader described here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2304577&postcount=10.

i reset the code using the Ap and 5 mins later it came back. i emailed Cobb to see what they had to say. and i read the code i dont remember the exact words but it said something about the OBDII code and had some numbers under that.

We need for you to pull the EXACT code which will read P####. Telling us it said some like whatever doesn't really help us help you. Pull the code, write it down and post it here. We have a complete list of DTC codes that we can reference and see what the problem is.

i reset the code using the Ap and 5 mins later it came back. i emailed Cobb to see what they had to say. and i read the code i dont remember the exact words but it said something about the OBDII code and had some numbers under that.
Let's kick this pig!

Hi guys,

I just got the AccessPort v.1 for my 05 LGT MT.

I installed the ECON for the base map. Since there are no further explanations as to what the other settings require I'm not sure if I can run stage 1 or 2 ?? Thanks

Does your car have any mods other than the AP? If so, what? Why do you want to run the Economy map?

Hi guys,

I just got the AccessPort v.1 for my 05 LGT MT.

I installed the ECON for the base map. Since there are no further explanations as to what the other settings require I'm not sure if I can run stage 1 or 2 ?? Thanks

if you have an aftermarket downpipe,or have gutted your stocker technically you can run stage 2. Stage 1 is for stock vehicles. the economy map is for saving gas on long roadtrips

i will read the Code again this weekend and post it. here

my mods are-

X02 TBE

AVO Drop in filter,

AVo intake pipe.

the intake pipe didnt clamp well i tll just go back to the stock pipe and see if that was it also.

if you have an aftermarket downpipe,or have gutted your stocker technically you can run stage 2. Stage 1 is for stock vehicles. the economy map is for saving gas on long roadtrips

Right now it's stock. But I do have a Perrin catless down pipe ready to install.

I have the Base as econ to error on the side of caution. Now running Stage 1 Thanks!

Archived