LegacyGT.com

Hood/Front Bumper Repainting - How much $?

hutru01

I am considering having my front bumper and hood repainted when I recieve my RBS grill. I have scratches and chips on the front of the hood and bumper. The rest of the car is immaculate.

I am under the assumption that it would take about a quart of paint which I know would be around $100-120 bucks for OEM subaru paint. I am just trying to make sure I am not getting ripped off for labor when I go get estimates.

For all of those who have had this done, how much should I expect to pay for labor?

I feel your pain, I have the identical problem, be warned though, that if your RBS grill comes pre painted, that will chip very quickly also.

I was quoted $1,000 for the hood, bumper, grill and lip. The reason for the high price is the SWP, not easy to match.

I ordered the grill unpainted.

$1000? :eek:

I do have a friend whose father owns his own paint shop. He mainly does rescue vehicles and tow trucks, but I went up to his shop the other day and he has a nice shop. There was a hood and a couple of quarter panels sitting out to dry and they looked perfect.

He told me to just let him know the OEM paint code and he will price it out. At the time I was unsure as to whether I was going to just get the grill painted glossy black or paint the hood/front bumper/rbs grill to match GRP. The RBS grill is scheduled to be delivered on 6/2.

If and when I do get this done, I will definitely be putting some type of protective film on the front to prevent having to do this again in the future.

• 1 year later...
I am looking to have my hood, fenders and new bumper painted and in talking with a coworker (who used to have an autobody shop) he guessed $1400-1700 for paint, materials, and labor. However that included removing the old fenders and bumper and mounting up the new one. It also included ~$150 for scratch repair on the bumper.

3 stage paint is expensive. figure about $200 for the paint just for the bumper and grill and another $200-300 in labor. I would then estimate another $300 for the hood. So 800 to 1000 total. depends where you go though. if the shop can mix paint and create as little or as much needed you save $$$$ vs a shop that has to order qts only.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I paid $650 for my front bumper....good paint shops are not cheap

yeah it cost me $560 to get my jdm bumper painted, sti strut bar, and license plate frames. Only charged for the bumper though. They took several readings of my car in the sun to mix the paint and i ended up with a jdm front end that matches the rest of the car better then the oem bumper with paint from the factory.

its still hurt when i got the bill. was hoping for $300ish but forgot about the 3 stage paint. they also did an additional coat of pearl to make it more yellow to match better so that didnt help either

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 2 weeks later...
I was in the same boat. I tried drcolorchip.com and I can hardly tell there is any chips in the hood. On the large chips I used the factory touch up paint to fill in the chip and then used lankga (lankga.com blob eliminator) to remove the raised paint that was left. I was very impressed. A lot cheaper than having it repainted.

• 3 months later...

Archived