LegacyGT.com

Next suspension upgrade coming.

I Cant Drive 55

Ready for my next purchase, struts and springs.

I've had my new tires on for a couple of weeks now, and they're great. Like I said in my previous post; great comfort and much better handling. My goal is still stage 2.

I was looking into Bilstein HD's because they're finally in stock, and I'd most likely pick up a set of STi Pinks. However, I'm happy right now as far as the ride comfort goes.

It would be nice if the comfort stayed the same, or got better while increasing the handling. Rather than a downgrade in comfort for handling aspects that would be better suited for a track vs a daily driver.

Go ahead and make the purchase?

I might get H-Techs, especially if I can find them for under $200 on sale or something. But I'm reluctant to get them on E-Bay because of fakes...

I've been searching Pinks/H-Tech for the past hour. For the driving I do, H's seem like the better value. Especially since I can get a RSB/H's for the cost of Pinks.

Still deciding as I'm reading more posts. :rolleyes:

Note: Bilstein HD's are reported to be 20% firmer than stock JDM GT Rev C/USDM Bilsteins. So' date=' those guys with stock spec b's and pink's will feel slightly different.[/quote']

Would that mean the HD's are equivalent to JDM GT REV B or A?

might want to look into a set of rsb mounting brackets too. nice safety precaution. I would take them over the endlinks, but then again I got endlinks free with my f/r bars and rsb brackets. now if only my pinks would come i can be a happy man.

your set up sounds good. put it all on together to save you the install time and money. let the springs set in for a week or two and get it all aligned.

edit: i love the cuscos :)

Completely compatible. I am running bilsteins, cusco f/r bars and cusco rear endlinks with avo rear reinforcement brackets. sirsimon is running bilsteins, pinks, avo rsb and avo rear endlinks with avo rear reinforcement brackets. both are great rides with no fitment issues. it doesn't really relocate the bars, just stiffens up the rear end.

more info: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1236590

You don't really need the endlinks, but pretty much anyone that can get you cusco bars can supply the endlinks as well. Word is that the stock endlinks are plenty strong enough, especially when the car is lowered as you plan to do (less suspension travel means less stress on the links). The rear reinforcement brackets are what I would recommend, the only people I know make them are avo and cobb, but i think perrin does as well. My previous link has more information about that.

If you by chance do break an endlink, you can install new ones in 10 minutes and not disrupt your alignment. So you may look around after the install to either put them on later or keep them handy if you were to break a stock link.

The important pieces here are the struts, springs, top hats, sways and brackets. Bushings and endlinks are optional but nice to have.

Sorry for not being more specific, I won't say where I got my endlinks because I currently cannot recommend that vendor to anyone, they over-charged me and have been feeding me lies for 2 months, so now I am out money and have no springs. Hopefully they will turn around and do whats right someday.

Archived