LegacyGT.com

New 09 owner..question on speakers

Legacygt09

Just bought a 09 legacy 2.5gt. The car is supposed to have 9 speakers with harmon kardon systesm. I see 4 front speakers and 2 in the rear doors and the subwoofer in the rear. I cant seem to find the other 2 rear speakers..am i missing something or did some gt's come with only 7 speakers only.

also if someone can direct me to a link or a article that might have the size of the speakers in the 09 gt..

appreciate your help.

This is my first post on the board since buying the car.

thanks

Sorry mate, not 100% sure on the USDM Legacy's. I know my AUDM 2005 Gen4 Lib GT had 13 "speakers". 4 way splits in front doors, 2 way coaxials in rear doors and a sub on the parcel shelf.

From memory, the front 4ways went like this, from bottom to top of the door; 6.5" midbass driver , 4" midrange driver, 1.5" tweeter and then a 1" "super" tweeter at top in the sails. The rears were 6 or 6.5" coaxial drivers I think. The sub was around 8".

My 2010 Gen5 Liberty GT has 2 way splits in the front doors, 2 way splits in the rear doors, 1 centre channel at the front and 1 sub in the boot.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the girlfriend/wife in the passenger seat count as one? :lol::lol::lol:

They are generally considered an aftermarket option. Generally used to enter incorrect data into the GPS and generally decrease performance and handling by making the driver drive slower around corners. I thought I had a problem with my turbo at one stage till I realised it was just the 'white-noise' my brain transforms the sound of my gf's voice that I was hearing.

If you get rid of the HK stuff lemme know, I'm lookin for a plug and play setup for my 08

Having both an 08 and an 09 and looking at the setup, I can't imagine it being plug and play to swap. There's more components and different wiring involved, as well as different mounting points.

Archived