LegacyGT.com

225/45/R18 Goodyear Eagle GT's for Spec B.

mercury3545

Yesterday I ordered the new Goodyear Eagle GT's 225/45/R18's for my 2008 Spec B from TireRack. They called me today saying they will not guarantee they will fit my rims. I have seen other members with this size tire so i am almost positive they will fit. How wide are the stock Spec. B rims and does anyone know any reason these tires wont fit?

The wheels are 18x7..the profile and overall diameter is going to be greater than stock. So your speedo will be slow and the overall profile of the tire will be higher than stock. It should fit no problem, but IMO, you are better off sticking to the stock 215/45s.

Well I just got the tires but the dealership told me they wont have time to mount them and check my recall until Monday. Ive been driving the past month out of alignment so my front tires are worn down to the threads on the inside. Not very safe.

Many of us go from 215/45R17 to 225/45R17 on stock LGT 17x7 rims, so I cannot see how 215/45R18 to 225/45R18 on 18x7 rims would be any different.

------------ overall diameter

215/45R17 - 24.6"

225/45R17 - 24.8"-25"

215/45R18 - 25.6"-25.7"

225/45R18 - 25.8-26"

It may be that some 225/45R18 could fit but not all of them.

Krzys

PS Since width would depend on wheel width it adds one more variable that tirerack cannot control.

So I had my tires put on today by the local Subaru dealership and they put some nice little scratches on my wheels. Im going to call them tomorrow and tell them but I was wondering if they are going to say they dont have to fix them since the tires are wider than the oem tires.

So I had my tires put on today by the local Subaru dealership and they put some nice little scratches on my wheels. Im going to call them tomorrow and tell them but I was wondering if they are going to say they dont have to fix them since the tires are wider than the oem tires.

The scratches have nothing to do with the size of your tires.

I had no rubbing with that size tire on a mild drop, a 48 offset and 7.5 inch rims.

In my opinion, your good with what you ordered. They are the next closest size to the spec b stock. 225/45/18 is a Size "plus Zero" on discount tire's website. They have a cool tool that tells the exact specs you would be changing. revs per mile, overall dim, exact mph change, etc... By the way, I'm running 225/40/18's. It makes my speedo off 1.3 mph. Rides a tad too bumpy. My next set will be 225/45/18's. Which only make your speedo off .8 mph, if I remember right.

Starting with a 215/45/18 and going to:

225/45/18 - your speedo reading is 1.4% too slow. When speedo reads 60 you are traveling 60.8

225/40/18 - your speedo reading is 2.1% too fast. When speedo reads 60 you are traveling 58.8

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

So the 225/45/18 has less change. Personally, I'd rather go with a slightly smaller tire than a slightly larger if possible.

The scratches have nothing to do with the size of your tires.

I had no rubbing with that size tire on a mild drop, a 48 offset and 7.5 inch rims.

The scratches are from the machine they used to mount the tires. Ive been meaning to take some pictures but I have been so busy with school and work.

Archived