LegacyGT.com

Special tool help

dynamic_3.6

So I'm installing my new RCE springs and I've gotten the front driver side strut off the car but apparently I need a Subaru special tool to disassemble it. The manual says I need ST 20399AG000 STRUT MOUNT SOCKET....does anyone know where to get one of these? Or is there a workaround for it? I tried everything I can think of but the nut is triangular and I'm afraid of rounding it. Please help!

The 'triangle' nut is just Subaru's version of a lock nut.

Either use a rattle gun to undo it, or use an allen key in the strut itself and a spanner to undo the nut.

You'll probably need spring compressors too.

The 'triangle' nut is just Subaru's version of a lock nut.

Either use a rattle gun to undo it, or use an allen key in the strut itself and a spanner to undo the nut.

You'll probably need spring compressors too.

What the heck is a "rattle gun"?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

it's an impact gun with an aerosol can attached as a propellant. Duh.

Best thing to do is go to the store and buy a deep socket and then weld a handle to it. Then use it and an allen key.

Or grind flats into the top, and use a wrench.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

A good enough impact gun will zip those nuts off without any need for an allen key. Just make sure you compressed the spring first ! :eek: the top hat may fly off and strike your domepiece with great success!

Archived