LegacyGT.com

only boostin 10lb need help

According to your datalog, peak target boost is ~14.3 psi so if you were seeing 16.5 before, you may have been substantially overboosting. Your WGDC (wastegate duty cycle) sits at 55.69%. I don't know what if any differences there are in the Stg1/91 octane OTS map b/n your model year and mine (05/06), but the 05/06 Stg1/91 oct OTS has WGDC Low at 64.25% in the RPM range seen in your datalog.

What were your intake temps? There's a table in the calibration file that adds/subtracts WGDC % as a function of intake temp. In cold temps it takes out several % relative but it would have to be like 14F for the tune to remove enough WGDC % to yield the 55.69% you're seeing in your log. I don't think you're in a limp mode as your Dynamic Advance seems to indicate your DAM (dynamic advance multiplier) is at 1 and if boost control was disabled due to low DAM, I think you'd be seeing WGDC = 0 (don't quote me on that though).

You should at least add Dynamic Advance Multiplier, Intake Temp, and Turbodynamics Boost Error to your logging list, and for troubleshooting boost issues you should probably also add Turbodynamics Integral, Turbodynamics Proportional, and WGDC Max. Adding WGDC Max will let you see if your boost is being capped by WGDC. If you add Turbodynamics Boost Error, you can remove Target Boost (or you can leave it included, won't really matter much). Your logging sampling rate shouldn't be adversely affected by adding the additional parameters. I typically include 21 parameters and still see 10-11 samples per second (only slightly 'slower' than your log).

According to your datalog, peak target boost is ~14.3 psi so if you were seeing 16.5 before, you may have been substantially overboosting. Your WGDC (wastegate duty cycle) sits at 55.69%. I don't know what if any differences there are in the Stg1/91 octane OTS map b/n your model year and mine (05/06), but the 05/06 Stg1/91 oct OTS has WGDC Low at 64.25% in the RPM range seen in your datalog.

What were your intake temps? There's a table in the calibration file that adds/subtracts WGDC % as a function of intake temp.

That's a signifigant overboost, but what does it affect for that milli-moment in time? I'm same year and and only see lower boost if the temperatutre changes and drops below zero (32 fahrenheit). Kinda suspect my tune does'nt like getting too far way from the conditions(Temp/Humidity)it was logged in.

the 14 psi target seems spot on for S1 OTS. The stock catback makes it "overboost" according to the AP.

It's hard to sift through data stuff too much without getting paid for it. The other thing noticed is FKL around 3900 wayyyy down there in the log:p

That's a signifigant overboost, but what does it affect for that milli-moment in time? I'm same year and and only see lower boost if the temperatutre changes and drops below zero (32 fahrenheit). Kinda suspect my tune does'nt like getting too far way from the conditions(Temp/Humidity)it was logged in.

the 14 psi target seems spot on for S1 OTS. The stock catback makes it "overboost" according to the AP.

It's hard to sift through data stuff too much without getting paid for it. The other thing noticed is FKL around 3900 wayyyy down there in the log:p

A 2 psi overboost, even if only short duration, can easily cause knock. My original protune from 3.5 yrs ago would spike to 22 psi on 19.5 psi target near the torque peak around 3600 rpm, and would somewhat consistently pull -2 to -4 deg timing b/c of it. As soon as I fixed the boost control methodology in the tune, boost would peak around 20-20.5 psi on the same 19.5 psi target and the knock that used to register there, completely disappeared.

As for the single count FLKC further down in the log, yeah I noticed it too but it's single count and happens away from WOT where boost is near wastegate (~9 psi and ~55% throttle). The OTS maps are known to do that from time to time. There are also 2 instances of FBK in the original log, but one of them appears to be mash knock and the 2nd one happens immediately upon throttle lift.

here the other data log with additional parameter

A few things:

1) To make it easier to sift through the logs, if you're troubleshooting a specific thing (peak boost in this case), you should only start the log shortly before the condition (WOT in this case), and should stop the log shortly afterwards. There's a ton of cruising in the datalog, which is useless for diagnosing your observed issue of underboost at WOT.

2) The log shows you going WOT at very low rpm (like 1500-1800). In general you don't want to be lugging the motor like that, it's hard on the bearings and you'll get much better acceleration by downshifting.

3) If you look at the log where you go WOT above 3000 rpm, you'll see your WGDC and WGDC Max are essentially identical. This indicates to me that your boost is being capped by WGDC Max.

Maybe someone with access to your model year's Stg 1/91 oct OTS map can look at the map to see if that WGDC is expected in that condition. My copy of Accesstuner Race (for the 05 LGT/OBXT) will not let me view a 08 OTS map.

Do you happen to be running the LWG (low wastegate) OTS map, or the normal WG map? I'm wondering if you're on the LWG version and should be running the normal WG one instead.

I know you said you did a smoke test and it turned out OK. Can you find out what your fuel trims are (AF Learning 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D)? You can either just view/note them via the AP3's gauges w/ the key in the ON position, or you can (temporarily) add those parameters to your AP3's log list and do a brief datalog (key in ON position, I don't think the engine needs to actually be running).

Regarding my question on whether you're running the LWG map, I don't think you are based on the map info listed in the datalog. The AP includes the calibration file's filename in the log. The normal WG version has filename 'Stage1 91 MTv301' while the LWG version has filename 'Stage1 91 MTv301 LWG'. Your logs indicate 'Stage1 91 MTv301'.

Just for one of the "quick and easy checks" because everything was taken apart:

This is really common when you re-hook up your wastegate control lines backwards. Make sure that the side with the pill is hooked up to the compressor outlet. Hook it up to the wastegate instead and you'll underboost.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l572/iphoneadamf/62c9f9a3.jpg

Hopefully that's all it was!

Chase

Engineering

data log on idle this are my value engine warmed already ps i appreciate you taking time to see the logs

Your A and B trims seem OK, but your C trim is at 12.10 which is getting 'up there', and should be looked into. Your D trim is at 6.6, which might be considered acceptable but probably should be closer to 0 than that. Might be a pre-turbo leak (?) If it were a boost leak I would think the higher trim values would be a bit negative.

Chase's reply below would be a good thing to check out.

Hopefully someone else can look at the OTS map can tell you if the WGDC Max you're seeing in your logs, is expected. Like I mentioned the 05/06 LGT WGDC Low is ~64% which is a good bit higher than what your ECU is calling for.

Edit: Wondering if you might have an exhaust leak? If that existed before the O2 sensor I think it would draw air in, causing the sensor to read a lean condition, which might explain the positive C & D fuel trims (?)

Most times when your limited to that type of boost consistently it's due to a missing restrictor pill or leak as long as DAM is not at under .35 on the OTS maps.

Hope that helps

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

for reference this is were the pill should be correct just check no pill is in any of the line going to double check just making sure that is the correct hoses

Correct, the pill should be in the hose coming off the compressor nipple (the hose on the left side in your pic). And I must stress that it NEEDS to be on that side for the stock BCS on a stock or Cobb OTS tune to function correctly.

Also, after you check, and possibly replace those hoses and pill, make sure you put clamps or zip ties on the ends connecting to the compressor and wastegate. You don't want that hose blowing off either of those things or you will have a run away overboost.

Chase

Engineering

Archived