LegacyGT.com

What do the Japanese think of the fifth gen?

LegacyFuture

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure about Japan, but in Australia the reaction is similar to the US - most previous Gen Liberty drivers dislike it, but in the marketplace the Liberty is doing record sales (February was the biggest monthly sales ever for Liberty in Australia - beating the previous record set in 1992). Similarly, Outback sales are through the roof.

Not sure about Japan, but in Australia the reaction is similar to the US - most previous Gen Liberty drivers dislike it, but in the marketplace the Liberty is doing record sales (February was the biggest monthly sales ever for Liberty in Australia - beating the previous record set in 1992). Similarly, Outback sales are through the roof.

It would be nice to know what other country's are having record sales like the US and Australia.

This thread is going be another 5th Gen hate thread. It has all the ingredient.

There is a reason for the "hate". They took away an affordable sports sedan and put out an oversized turd.

I saw one in the rearview mirror the other day. This thing is almost as tall as a minivan. Looks seriously ridiculous.

There is a reason for the "hate". They took away an affordable sports sedan and put out an oversized turd.

I saw one in the rearview mirror the other day. This thing is almost as tall as a minivan. Looks seriously ridiculous.

stock vs. stock, the 2010 GT would piss on your wagon... i'll take the extra room, power and 18's... thanks

ive owned a 4th gen and now own a 5th gen. the 5th gen is a much better all around vehicle. i do like the 4th gen looks better but the 5th is really growing on me. especially the back. im still up in the air about the front. nothing a new grill cant take care of

As tall as a minivan? Come on man. If you're gonna spew BS, at least make it believable. It's not the same car the last generation was, but overall that's a good thing. It's closer in size now to the Camry and Accord so it certainly will sell more, which is the biggest thing I'm sure Subaru is concerned with. The old Legacy is a good looking car for sure, but I fail to see anywhere in the styling department where it is miles ahead of the 2010. Not to mention the 05-09s were too damn small. I would never bother with a sedan that can't be a useful people hauler.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

You know? I'm in a pissy mood this morning and feel like closing this up right now.

The next person to rag on the car better do it in a very creative way and write something that I haven't read on this forum yet.

If I read 'it's ugly' one more time, I'll have a nice time out waiting for you.

Carry on.

To Subaru's credit, the 5th generation Legacy is not an overweight turd though. :lol: I can't think of another true mid-size AWD car that weighs under 3,500 lbs.

bye bye thread... there's no reason to call the car a "turd" if you don't like it. you would think that a veteran like unclemat would have a little more respect for the board and it's members. some wonder why we get defensive, and when we do, they cry to the mods and warnings are issued. it's a complete joke...

To Subaru's credit, the 5th generation Legacy is not an overweight turd though. :lol: I can't think of another true mid-size AWD car that weighs under 3,500 lbs.

That is why I deliberaterly did not say overweight...

So what's wrong with gaining size and not weight? Or do your passengers generally like being smashed in the rear seats? :rolleyes:

I don't carry overweight adults in the back, at least not all the time. YMMV.

I don't see a point driving a boat, when I 80% of time I am driving alone. I bet that applies to majority of 2010 owners as well.

Also, would it be fantastic if the size stayed the same, or increased moderately and the weight was reduced? It's not like these cars are all that lightweight (even 05-09).

Most folks on this site have never driven the 5th gen, so they jump to conclusions how a larger car MUST equal 'not as sporty' in the handling dept.

Folks who own and drive the 5th gen LGT think it drives and handles great. Go figure! Actual conclusions based on experiences!!!

bye bye thread... there's no reason to call the car a "turd" if you don't like it. you would think that a veteran like unclemat would have a little more respect for the board and it's members. some wonder why we get defensive, and when we do, they cry to the mods and warnings are issued. it's a complete joke...

I said that before, I'll say it again there is so little common between BL/BP and BM/BR that there is virtually nothing to share about these cars. It also attracts different kind of buyers. Sure, few will upgrade from prev. generation to the new one, but it does not look like it's gonna be mass migration.

Most folks on this site have never driven the 5th gen, so they jump to conclusions how a larger car MUST equal 'not as sporty' in the handling dept.

Folks who own and drive the 5th gen LGT think it drives and handles great. Go figure! Actual conclusions based on experiences!!!

Most of the 2010 owners didn't have experience with 05-09 either.

And there are several reports by people who drove both. And you can't defy physics, longer wheelbase has obvious effect on handling.

Besides, I am sure handling on 2010 is still decent and above everything else in that market segment. The problem is the market segment! Big honking sedans for fat ass Americans! :spin:

Archived