LegacyGT.com

check engine coming on and turning off

just got an 05lgt and of course as im driving her home the dreaded cel comes on...had it read as a cylinder 4 misfire...drove home from the store and it turned off itself...long story short, the cel has come on and turned off about 4 times...could this narrow it down to a certain issue (ie: coil packs, plugs, etc)...or shall i do the normal approach as to swapping the plugs first?

Take it to a auto parts store and have them read the code (s). They do it for free.

Or pull the negative battery cable for a few minutes to reset the ECU.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Could be many things. I would first change the plugs since you just bought it. If plugs weren't it switch the coil packs around be sure to check the coil too for cracks or anything. Also check the wire for the coil. If not these could be an injector Or worse yet just like me a burnt intake valve.

my p0303 was a the inj. I pulled the plug first and it looked clean so i put it back. than switched the inj to the #2 cylinder and thats where the misfire went. Just so you know the number 4 cyl is driver side rear looking at the engine from the front.

Archived