LegacyGT.com

Picking up my new Spec.B tonight

Greetings everyone! Tonight I'll be picking up my 09 Ruby Red Spec.B - I've done all the research on the car (I drive a 08 2.5i that I'm trading in) but wanted to see if anyone had any last minute advice for me. I'm planning on doing brakes/rims/slicks in the next month (I do about 10 track days a year) and the suspension/CAI/exhaust over the next year.

Looking forward to asking lots of questions!

-Ross

Thanks guys - I do live in snowy Colorado (and ski in the mountains a lot). I've got a set of Blizzaks that were on my 2.5i that I'll be getting some 17" rims for and using in the winter. Fortunately it's 75 here right now so I won't have to rush ;-)

Did i just read you putting slicks on it? Slicks are fun for launching at redline but when you blow your drivetrain blows apart make sure you put stocker looking tires back on when you try and have it replaced under warrenty.

05GT Guru - the slicks are ONLY for track days (I get about 8 or so a year). I'll leave the stock rubber on for the summer and have a nice set of Blizzaks that I run in the winter. And at the track it's all rolling starts - I'd never been that cruel to the car!

EquinnoxX - where ya riding? I'll be at Beaver Creek Thursday then Vail Friday-Sunday. While the snow is good it's not as good as usual, hell it's going to be 75 in Boulder today!!!

-Ross

I've been very on the fence with the purchase. I have a 2.5i now that was my second car, unfortunately my sport/track car (07 350z) met a wall on the track at 50mph. I was fine, she died however. So this will be my single car for the moment. I figure with enough upgrades I'll be able to compete with my friends (R8, Lotus Elise, 911 Turbo, RS4, etc) - yeah, I have rich friends!

Funny you say that about the red, I really wanted a black one but the only one I could find in the country is in New England - yeah, not going that far for it!

-Ross

05GT Guru - yup, I only do road course work. No drag stuff for me, while I see how it could be fun not my cup of tea at all. Snow/ice track stuff is by far my favorite (nothing like screaming along at 100mph on a snow track sliding all over the place - ah!)

I'll definitely post up some pics as soon as I pick her up. She's at the detail shop getting tint and clear bra right now...

-Ross

I just got home with her about an hour ago. So far I think she'll work out just fine :-)

I didn't get to the dealer until after 6 and I only had my iPhone so sorry for the terrible picture. I wasn't sure I was going to like the Ruby Red but with the rim color I think it looks great. And I haven't even seen it in the sunlight yet!

http://www2.jasbone.com/download/SpecB%20First%20Picture.jpg

As soon as I get some time in day light I'll take some pictures with my good camera.

Ross

Nice car. Did you get a decent deal under MSRP? Spec B owners are known for taking some heat around here for how much more they paid over the LGT.

I wish I had held out until 09 myself, aside from the color choices, I would really like the Harmon Kardon system. How does it sound?

Archived