LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket tweeters

Alright got a quick question for ya. I got the 99 Legacy GT and have been working on upgrading the stereo. Already got the set of 4 speakers installed and while i was doing so I realized I never thought to put in new tweeters. So what size do I need to fit right into the stock bracket? Is there a popular brand everyone is using that fits really well? If there is already a thread that answers my question feel free to point me in the right direction. The search engine is not very good on this site not to mention it covers every generation of legacy so its hard to find stuff sometimes. Thanks for you help :)

I have alpine tweeters in my car. They came with the door speaker set SPS-600 from alpine. They are awesome, I just JB welded them onto the stock bracket and they work fine. But since you already bought the speakers that is not an option for you.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-SPS-1005-1CM-Dome-Tweeter/dp/B0000ULNW4]Amazon.com: Alpine SPS-1005 3/8" (1CM) Car Dome Tweeter: Electronics[/ame]

It looks like you can pick them up separate, kinda spendy, but I will say upgrading the tweeters makes a big difference. I didnt do them in my white car and did them in my black car, its a huge difference.

Archived