LegacyGT.com

Warranty needed? OB XT questions.

Well after looking for a clean GT wagon for over a month I stumbled upon a deal to good to pass up and now I'm the owner of a 2005 XT MT wagon with 52,000 miles. Since I did buy this from a dealership and they had it listed for $16,900 I signed up for the 4 year 48,000 mile warranty. I can opt out within 30 days or just about anytime but I'm torn on whether or not I should keep the warranty and gap insurance. My luck with cars tells me this turbo will go out as soon as I cancel the warranty but the car feels solid and it was obviously "under" driven for the amount of time it was owned.

Any advice from people who are more familiar with the turbos? The best part of the deal was the fact they gave me $2500 for my 2000 OB Wagon with 250,000 miles!!!

I felt like I robbed the place as I left the dealership. I really wanted the Leg GT because my driving style is better suited for the lower slung legacy but it looks like I can stiffen up the handling for not too much money. Any advice is great.

Should I go synthetic right away or is it too late? Is there an HID conversion that is worth it for these cars (good beam pattern)?

I don't like the fact that the dual exhaust isn't visible on this car... Has anybody done exhaust work on their OB XT to give it a better look?

Last but not least, how do I get my ipod working on this thing with the crazy sterieo/climate control unit in there? I like having a sub but I doubt there is any pre-amp outputs.

Love the car (engine) and I look forward to a snowy/wet winter!

• Mega Users

Keep it. If it wasn't maintained properly, you could have turbo issues down the road.

Check the banjo filter. You can definitely switch to synthetic. Just make sure you change the oil every 3750 miles regardless of the oil you use.

Definitely look into replacing the shocks. There are too many threads on this already.

You can get the JDM rear bumper that has slots for dual exhaust. Or you can get longer exhaust hangers for a different exhaust.

Congratz on the new car. I would definently keep the warranty just in case. I swapped out the outback suspension for legacy suspension and that made a pretty big difference. As far as HIDs go I just got some DDM Tuning 6k lows and 3k fogs and I love them. Only cost 100 bucks too. To get your ipod working get a Jazzy AUX-in its a simlpe install just looks hard at first. Basically everything you wanted to do is what I wanted to do when I first got my outback XT 3 months ago. And ive done the springs/struts, HIDs, sound system with ipod in and woofer in the back, and once I sell my Z will be putting a real exhaust on. As much as I love my cheapie hogzawst it is really just an exhaust leak.

I don't like the fact that the dual exhaust isn't visible on this car... Has anybody done exhaust work on their OB XT to give it a better look?

To expand upon what SeaBass has already said, you can convert to a JDM rear bumper with the exhaust cuts outs..

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-outback-bumper-install-69935.html?t=69935

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ordering-jdm-outback-bumper-exhaust-cutouts-63862.html?t=63862

Or you can use longer hangers and bolt LGT cans on with the tips exiting below the bumper, like this..

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lgt-stuff-installed-25873.html?t=25873&highlight=%22lgt+stuff+installed%22

Last but not least, how do I get my ipod working on this thing with the crazy sterieo/climate control unit in there? I like having a sub but I doubt there is any pre-amp outputs.

You're best bet would be to pick-up an '07-'09 head unit that has a factory AUX input channel, and you are correct, there are no pre-amp outs..

~Scott

'05 Outback 2.5i Wagon

Willow Green Opal/ Moss Green Metallic

225/60HR16 Bridgestone G009's

Archived