LegacyGT.com

Trip Meter Craziness

Adam G

Intermittently (i.e. every five minutes or so), instead of showing the miles I've driven, the trip meter reads "ILL.5". Also once I saw "ILL.6". It stays on for a second or two before switching back to the mileage. Anyone have any idea what's going on here? No CEL's or anything.

Thanks!

mine does this as well. i've had my car since march this year and it happend about 3 to 4 times. it actually happened about 1 hour ago. I dont know why it does it. but i do know that when u adjust the little roller to change the illumination of the dash it displays ILL.1 through ILL.6 or 8. when i brought it in they told me they couldnt find anything wrong. they said the roller was maybe in between the settings and thats why it showed up. but i've checked to make sure that its not and it still happens... maybe i'll bring it to them again..

Got Torque ?

OMGOMGOMGOMG! The Illuminati are after you!

:lol:

teh iLL code! the countdown to engine self destruct!!1!!1!11!

ok, i'll be nice - that is the *ILLUMINATION* setting for the dash lights you are seeing. roll the little knob for the dash light illumination adjust and watch the ILL level display. don't know where the illumination adjust is? take your owners manual out of the glovebox and read it on the toilet next time you have to poop. it will explain this and much more.

• 3 years later...
My legacy outback was doing it all night tonight. I've seen it once or twice before but it happened all night tonight. It is below 0 temps so I figure the cold has something to do with it? the car ran just fine so I figure it's ok and for it to say ILL.5 meant it felt ILL! LOL It is too cold to not be ILL - guess I'll just forget about it for now as long as everything else is working. oh yeah! the climate control lights were getting dimmer and then brighter too but stayed bright after the car warmed up - funny but I guess all is well? oh well I'm glad my car isn't the only one doing this - I know for sure I wasn't touching any knobs cuz my hands were too frozen - Kerry

My legacy outback was doing it all night tonight. I've seen it once or twice before but it happened all night tonight. It is below 0 temps so I figure the cold has something to do with it? the car ran just fine so I figure it's ok and for it to say ILL.5 meant it felt ILL! LOL It is too cold to not be ILL - guess I'll just forget about it for now as long as everything else is working. oh yeah! the climate control lights were getting dimmer and then brighter too but stayed bright after the car warmed up - funny but I guess all is well? oh well I'm glad my car isn't the only one doing this - I know for sure I wasn't touching any knobs cuz my hands were too frozen - Kerry

Someone pat this person on the back.

Their first post and they used the search function. :spin:

Archived