LegacyGT.com

Sound of Moving Water When I Turn

I have an 06 Subaru Legacy 2.5 Non Turbo and recently I just replaced my head gaskets, water pump, timing belt, and thermostat because of an overheating issue....go figure. But ever since I've replaced these items I've been hearing the sound of moving water every now and then when I turn the car on when its cold and when I turn left or right. I have no idea what the sound is coming from and if I should be worried or not. Thank you for your time!

Have someone ride in the car with you and listen closely down at the bottom of the door sills. Could possibly have water in the rocker panel that's sloshing around, if you have clogged drain holes. I had that in my 1997 OB wagon and I ended up drilling two holes in each end of the rocker panel on both sides and about 2 cups of water came out of each one.

You need to burp the cooling system, you have air in it.

Raise the right front corner of the car, take off the radiator cap, start the car, turn on the heat to high. Watch air bubbles come out of the coolant after it warms up, top of coolant as needed.

You can squeeze the radaitor hose every now and then too.

Use any Anti-freeze that is good for all systems, I use Peak and/or Prestone.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived