LegacyGT.com

Injector question

Tonight I was trying to disconnect the harness to one of my injectors when I was replacing my valve cover gaskets. I had a tough time trying to to disconnect the harness, and gave up because I didn't want to break the injector and figured I could squeeze the valve cover by it. Anyways, can you do any harm to the injectors by just trying to disconnect the harness, or putting a little bit of pressure against them? I smelled a little bit of gas as I was trying to disconnect the harness, but I'm not sure if that's just from the injector moving around a little bit? I noticed it can twist a little bit to the right and left. I can't tell if there was oil on the injector boot or if its gasoline. What's underneath the black rubber boot?

injector.thumb.jpg.0fa3604184288263ffb4957cc7540ce2.jpg

the black grommet seals it, inside of that is a small o ring on the inner injector post that inserts up into the fuel rail. it has gas in it, if it was moved it may seep out because there is pressure of gas built up. turn the key on the on position and watch for leaks if you're concerned. the injector should be able to rotate back and forth. there's like 3 o-rings on each injector

Archived