LegacyGT.com

Subaru Licence Plate Frames...

RiceKiller2.5GTL

Are there any Subaru licence plate frames for our cars, something in a metal finish maybe?? The black and white ones with the dealers name are really annoying me since i feel like a mobile advertisement and they dont look good on my GT at all. Does Subaru offer anything or are there any aftermarket licence plate frames with either Subaru or Legacy written on them????

Another thing you can do if you want the plate frame but don't want the advertising in bright white is to blast the plate with some black spray paint to make it much more subtle- almost invisible.

I did that years ago with my Acura dealer plate frame because I wanted to get them a 'little' advertising (they helped me with some performance stuff and were really cool), but not too much... you really had to be up close and looking at the frame to make out that it had words there, blending into the frame.

Just a suggestion.

Another thing you can do if you want the plate frame but don't want the advertising in bright white is to blast the plate with some black spray paint to make it much more subtle- almost invisible.

+1

My Perrin frame is black spraypainted. :)

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8726

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

i dont use a license plate bracket...

I just use grommets on the top screws between the plate and the car.

On the bottom i use grommets and little rubber bumpers affixed to the backside of the plate, between the screw holes the plate stays a 1/4 inch away from the car, no vibration and no ugly plate bracket

...no ugly plate bracket

:) To each his own, my brotha.

I actually like the way such frames look, and honestly, if it's legal here, I'd actually love a proper cover for the plate, too.

Besides, aside from liking the aesthetics that the frame gives, I need it to further camouflage my rear ZR3 receiver/emitter, too! :dm:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

This is the guy I bought mine from. It was a good purchase. I put spacers between the plate and the car to keep it from rattling when I closed the trunk, but other than that I don't really pay attention to where it makes contact. It's not like I'm going to be driving it without a rear plate or anything.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived