LegacyGT.com

No more GT's? and paying MSRP

worth

Hi guys,

Two pre-purchase questions for you.

I was at a dealer yesterday, and they had two 2012 Legacy GT's on the lot. Neither in the colour had I wanted. I asked if I could order from the factory and was told that I couldn't because Subaru had ceased production on the GT. Is there any truth to this?

I live in Canada so I will likely purchase from the US because it's about a $10,000 difference. I've contacted a dealer in Montana and was told yes they will deal with me, but I will have to pay MSRP. That seems a bit odd to me. I found the Legacy GT Order Tracking sheet here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj68fhzw33djdFd5OWRPUkIxaEdEZXZSanBEZm4tUkE#gid=0

So I have a general idea of what I should be paying. I don't think it should make a difference if I'm Canadian, I’m just another warm body trying to buy a car.

Thanks for any advice.

I am sorry to say that you are in a tough bind if you want a 2012 Legacy GT this late. If this dealer is insisting MSRP and you have no other dealerships in range then you could try going around your current contact via a car buying service instead. They will tell you a fixed price (often just above invoice) and find a dealership for you. For example my insurance and financing company is USAA, and they also offer this service to me.

the same thing is going on with the 12 WRX model. Production is essentially ceased.

But I still got a good price. 500 under invoice. Dealers can play hardball if they are just plain greedy, or they can deal with you at a great price and earn you as a friend and someone that will come back for service and such.

On the '12 WRX, there's still the exact same model coming for 2013 though right? No end of the whole model like the GT.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

On the '12 WRX, there's still the exact same model coming for 2013 though right? No end of the whole model like the GT.

Right, whether the WRX/STI remain the same or not is still up for debate. I believe it will be essentially the same though

Yes, it is not apples to apples comparing wrx to lgt, as the lgt is essentially gone forever. I was in the same shape as OP. shopping around the country for one of the last lgts. you will likely pay msrp at least, as the supply/demand for these is not in your favor, there are way more people shopping for these last couple cars than there are cars available.

Hmm, this is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be. From the delaers that i've talked to in Montana, they are saying there is only one GT left for sale in all of the Western US. They offered to order me a 2013 model very soon, but obviously I don't want the 2013 because of no more GT option as you guys have talked about here.

In Canada I can get 2k back for paying cash, they won't do that in the States, so the gap has narrowed a lot here.

And also, there are a few GT's left here and DeltaSniper sent me some good info on Canadian wholesale pricing, so I'm thinking that I may be able to walk into a dealer here with that information and get them down to the offer on the right:

http://s9.postimage.org/5aa8ygri6/Untitled_1_copy.jpg

as the lgt is essentially gone forever.

Just because sale of the GT was discontinued in the US for a year (and remains available to the rest of the world), it hardly means the GT is gone forever. It's way too soon to be making these assumptions. Who knows what Subaru is thinking these days, they're becoming more and more like my bi-polar ex fiance...

Just because sale of the GT was discontinued in the US for a year (and remains available to the rest of the world), it hardly means the GT is gone forever. It's way too soon to be making these assumptions. Who knows what Subaru is thinking these days, they're becoming more and more like my bi-polar ex fiance...

true, it would have been more accurate to say "for the foreseeable future", but just like the legacy gt wagon, the outback xt, the forester xt with manual, these vehicles were no longer offered in u.s. or manufactured period, and several years later are still not in the plans for u.s. sale....practically speaking, for the purchaser's decision making process, they are not offering it for the foreseeable future.

As much as i hope they do sometime in the future as i'm sure you hope, i'm afraid that all of these awesome models are history in the states

Welp, got my hands on a 2012 Legacy GT in black! Have to bring it in from Richmond BC out to Calgary.

There ain't many of these things left, out west anyway. Said there were three left in Western Canada, and I was told there was one left in the Western US. And I just snatched one up so that's three left for all of Western North America.

Got a decent deal after all, and I happy with it so that is nice. Now it's time to start saving up again to pay it off and pay for some mods/upgrades!

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll post some pics when I get it. They said it could be up to 10 days, but the salesman wants to get it in before the end of the month. He's probably got some bonuses riding on this.

Very nice, congrats. Regardless of the mileage, save up and get the AP and plan for a tune. If you are going to get a TBE, then only pro tune once. The tune will transforms the car. Rear sway bar is a must. Welcome.

Archived