LegacyGT.com

perrin. its only avail on their site, as far as ive found

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m636/MotiveHero/1b1d94f0.jpg

Yeah, I bought that. But its on a few sites..andys,Perrin, scoobytuner, and a bunch of sites I never use.

Pretty straight forward install?

Well I searched LGT gauge pods on IIR and it came up so I asked.

The search continues

Their sites search feature sucks donkey balls. I hate looking up anything on that site.

That stupid dash bezel really does look like it should fit, right? Who makes that thing? Somebody email 'em and tell 'em to make a Legacy fitment. (Jeremy Clarkson voice) How hard can it be?

Standard locations include unused cubby in dash, A-pillar pods, column-mounted pods (as seen in above pic). Alternate locations include a funky vent pod or other. See this thread for some interesting ideas. Good luck.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lets-see-some-creative-guage-placement-no-cubby-picsu-185322.html?t=185322

Hey BMX, what is the MPG gauge on your cluster? I assume that's OEM for 08s and above. I presume this is giving you the same sort of information that the digital readout in the center of the dash is giving you about current fuel efficiency (rather than average). It does not appear to give a raw number, but just a + or -. Does this thing just sweep back and forth as you push down and let up on the gas pedal? Is this supposed to help you drive better to get better gas mileage? Like we don't already know that when you push down more on the gas pedal, you use more gas and your mpg goes down?

Seems kinda silly to me.

Just kinda seems like a redundant gauge to me. Obviously, you find some value in it b/c you actually pay attention to it and use it to some degree. But isn't this basically a throttle position sensor? Which, you kinda already have a bit of feedback info on already, since you know how much you're pressing on the pedal and you can hear the roar of the engine. :)

That's a reasonable question. How do you think this is actually calculated? How is it calculated by the ECU to give the dash readout on the fly for that matter? Is the ECU tracking the amount of fuel spent at the injector rails and keeping a tally? I mean, it has to calculate the amount for each injection, right? Couldn't it also track that and get the distance readout from the axles or the transmission or wherever odometer/speedo is read? That should be enough input to calculate current mpg. That seems like an awful lot of data points to keep track of just to show the driver mile per gallon.

Or is it simpler than that? The gas tank float sensor doesn't seem accurate enough to calculate the amount of fuel spent for an on the fly calculation. Anybody know how mpg is figured by the computer?

I get that it's a nice visual cue to help you save gas. And I even admit that it probably works because it makes you more aware of your driving style. It might even make you feel like you're driving a fuel efficient car (which you are not) and people get warm fuzzies about saving gas, but this really seems like a marketing feature, rather than a functional one. At least things like AFR and boost are things that you can't really get a good handle on without a gauge. I guess I'm saying that if you know the inputs exactly, do you really need to know the outputs? :)

On the other hand, I regularly get less than 20 mpg AVG. I push down on the pedal when there's room on the street for me to go and when the room runs out, I let off the gas (within reason). I don't pay that much attention to gas mileage. I'm a zippy driver (still try to be safe) and I pay at the pump for that privilege as well. And don't tell me that your (you the forums, in general) modified Subaru doesn't use more gasoline than a stocker.

Sorry for the threadjack, op. According to Mach V motorsports, that particular bezel does not fit Legacies. Ask me how I know. :)

Well i have nav which you can view the same data through in the info menu. It determines calculations for the needle position through injector duty cycle. Once you upgrade the injectors the needle readout is erroneous, but atleast tells you how much you're laying into the duty cycle. Right now it says my average mpg is 36. Lol.

Sounds like that means that the mpg needle readout is erroneous as well. Still gives you plus minus info, but the center of the sweep is no longer in the center of the gauge. If you are reading better gas mileage than true, than makes sense to me that you are living more on the positive side of the gauge readout regardless of how you drive. :) Feel like you're getting good gas mileage on your built EJ257? ;)

Marketing feature.

I've bought something like this, as well as the perrin option as well.

I checked fitment above the mirror, seems like it fits, but you will have to pull the rearview mirror down a bit, or install left or right of the mirror. Youll lose usage of one of your sunshades.

http://www.fastwrx.com/widugapod20w.html

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/fastwrx_2205_200749042

Sounds like that means that the mpg needle readout is erroneous as well. Still gives you plus minus info, but the center of the sweep is no longer in the center of the gauge. If you are reading better gas mileage than true, than makes sense to me that you are living more on the positive side of the gauge readout regardless of how you drive. :) Feel like you're getting good gas mileage on your built EJ257? ;)

Marketing feature.

Not good mpg yet as finally retuning via Bren. Ive been errrring on the rich side for safety purposes. Ill slowly work on my fuel trims to get them back to opitmal.

Now back on topicccccc

I've bought something like this, as well as the perrin option as well.

I checked fitment above the mirror, seems like it fits, but you will have to pull the rearview mirror down a bit, or install left or right of the mirror. Youll lose usage of one of your sunshades.

http://www.fastwrx.com/widugapod20w.html

umm..may sell cubby pod and get this. super sexy

Archived