LegacyGT.com

No, but you are going to have to give us more info than that.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

like what? the intake is hooked up the the box off the throttle body.. maf sensor is in place... also have the pulley.. there are no other running issues with the car. it started after i put the intake and pulley on.. sooo thats pretty much whats causing the issue.. anything else you wanna know? (not being a wise ass lol)

Like what brand/style intake?

Does it have an oe style filter or do you have to oil it?

Have you tried swapping them back to stock and see if it continues?

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

1846306986_airintake.thumb.jpg.a7e19eaec05984f9d0f0ad30c3c77da7.jpg

its a spectre intake and filter

not sure if its the type you have to oil to be honest.. i just picked it up didnt really pay attention

no i did not.. too lazy lol.. i dnt really mind cuz it runs fine when you drive.. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this

Well for one, a kit like that is pointless. You have a metal tubing that gets hot and you have airflow going through it. What possible performance gains can you expect? ;)

Second, sometimes, when you change setups like that can affect the a/f and how the engine idles and performs. It looks like the filter is the type you can oil and wonder if it comes pre-oiled. Possibly too much and it got on the maf?

well actually i did get a performance gain.. and its not just me thinking it.. other people who own subarus have felt the difference ;) you can also wrap the intake with heat wrap (which i plan on)

thats the only good point you made was with the oil.. ill look into it.. thanks for your thoughts

I can tell you from the past 10+ years in modding and dragracing Mustangs and Camaro's that a cold air kit that is made of metal does nothing to help. The metal retains the heat. This has been proven and known. That is why many get the plastic style because it doesn't retain the heat.

Not saying you may not notice a slight gain, but nothing really worthwhile. :)

i hear ya fellas.. i graduated from uti at the top of my hotrod class... so i know what intakes do with hp and tq numbers.. but with the pulley and intake my high end has increased drastically.. driving wise.. huge difference on the highway. not trying to argue with you guys.. i was jst wondering if im the only one that has this issue

i hear ya fellas.. i graduated from uti at the top of my hotrod class... so i know what intakes do with hp and tq numbers.. but with the pulley and intake my high end has increased drastically.. driving wise.. huge difference on the highway. not trying to argue with you guys.. i was jst wondering if im the only one that has this issue

Well why the hell you posting? You should already know this and diagnosed it:D

Because all I wanted to know was if anyone had this issue... a yes or no lol ... then it spawned into a horsepower this and that arguement... I know what causes this and I didn't understand why it was happening because everything I looked at was working fine. I dnt think this thread needs to continue..what do you guys think? Good lol

It's likely running lean. Isn't there a way to reset the computer so that it can re learn with the new intake on there? This should help it compensate for the change. Either way, adding an intake without doing some tuning isn't recommended... but nothing catastrophic should come from that.

Hey Jdm hatch, If you like the intake wrap it up like you stated. I know you went to UTI but, with a little research you should know that the stock air box with possibly the snorkel or silencer removed will do very good for pulling in cool air. I would have kept the front box and replaced the piping only, which is what I did. I did see my MPG go from 27 to 30 and that is running 78 MPH with the CC on 90% of the time.

Also it looks like a spectra Intake and it is not metal at all. It is like a plastic or something.

i originally did that and it sounded cool but i felt a HUGE loss of torque.. the pedal felt empty.. so i put it back on. with the new intake i actually felt a difference, my high end increased a good amount. yea im not sure if its a metal or some other sorta material. all i know is i FELT a difference driving and for me thats what i like.. the pulley also a good amount. i was also thinking about an airbox i found for gt's to keep the air charge going to the filter seperate from the engine bay.

Ahhh...yes I experienced similar issues when I had a Perrin lightweight crank pulley installed on my '09. The idle is slightly rough. The main change I noticed is the the idle speed/rpm's dropped significantly to under 1000 (when idle). When I accelerate there are no issues. Only when I am idle. I was planning on bringing it back to the dealer to get a tune and see if they can adjust the idle speed back up to 1000 rpm.

I'm just running the stock intake with a panel filter fyi.

Archived