LegacyGT.com

Who has the most miles on their LGT, and how are they holding up? - Vol-2

2005 OBXT 5MT - 108,780mi (purchased w/84K 04/2012)

Replaced/Replacing:

107K A/C Receiver/drier, evaporator etc (warranty)

97K OEM clutch replaced w/Spec Stage II and OEM WRX flywheel

Brake rotors and pads

Passenger CV axle

e-brake boot

driver's side window switch

Modifications:

90K - Cobb Accessport Stage I reflash

96K - LGT wagon OEM struts/springs

108,650 - Megan upipe and TurboXS downpipe and Cobb OTS Stage II reflash

108K - Prodrive PFF7 18x8 +51 on GT Radial Champiro 245/40/18

105K - Plastidip grille and rear chrome on liftgate

I'm happy with it. Yeah, it has a few things that it needs, but I don't have any real complaints.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

My heatshields are pretty rusted. Some areas the bolts have rusted thru. Got a price to replace the one down by the oil pan. $300 or so. It was recommended that I wrap my pipes instead.

Anyone done this yet?

So I had my headers on my Integra wrapped but found out that was a bad move when I found that the metal on the headers "cracked" and had to be rewelded. After I had them rewelded by a shop I had them ceramic coated inside and out instead of re wrapping them.

I will never wrap headers again! I will only ceramic coat them. By that's just my experience...

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

124k miles here, and finally went stg2 for the first time recently..

Burns about a half quart every 3k miles, idles smooth and runs well. Shifts fine, but my 5mt makes some noise that I believe are the center diff transfer drive bearings.

Standard maintenance is all she's needed, but I'll need to see what's up with my trans soon.

189xxx

Bought car @ 100xxx with 0 records

Totaled her after 1 month of owership.

Too guilty to walk away, so I rebuilt her with Salvage title.

I do my own oil every 2500 miles to keep her happy

Went stage 2 around 140xxx

Annually I bring her to shop for a 30/60/90 k service

Only had to do irregular maintenance 1x- my harmonic balancer went

Otherwise all of my dollars spent are mod related

Only other thing which came to mind is these days, the radiator fan is always on. I think I need to replace a relay in the harness.

Overall couldn't be happier. I picked up an 09 OBXT because I know what I'm getting myself into. Planning to port over my stage 2 setup to the Outback and return the Legacy to stock and keep commuting in her as long as I can. near term future, I will turbo swap the outback after all supporting mods are in and instal that VF46 into the Legacy before the current one in there blows.

Selling the Legacy seems to not be in the cards as the salvage title and high mileage would be a sub $5000 return. Long term plans are to build the Leggy into a fun autoX car. Goal of 400+ hp/tq @ the wheels. Built block, FMIC, rotated turbo, the whole bit. Very much hoping that it materializes

I'm only at 113,501, all stock. The car is running perfectly! No leaks, drips or noises. The car runs beautifully and I couldn't be more happier knowing I made the right decision buying this car. I plan to be buried in it!

My wagon runs great at 176,000 miles...(disclaimer, not very much of my wagon is orginal) I think the only orginal parts are the right front and both rear axles.

Oh yea, right outter tie rod end too, also sway bars and rear bushings and end links.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...
Has anyone had an oil pickup fail?? seems more like its a problem on the STi's

Yes, this is what killed the original engine in my car.

I must have bought it with the oil pickup cracked. The first time I really rowed the gears on the car, the day I took delivery on it, I was at the top of 3rd and the oil pump blew out. This was at 102k. The dealer I bought it from replaced the engine.

I just rolled over 121k. The only other thing I replaced in the last 20k was both rear wheel bearings.

• 1 month later...
  • I Donated

My Spec.B is at 84,000. Did PCV valve to fix oil consumption and intake manifold gaskets to fix cold-start issues this past spring, and fixed the dash rattle a few months back. One of the buttons recently fell out of my HomeLink mirror. Other than that, all problems since I bought it at 60,000 have been wear items (clutch, brakes) or mod-related (creaks and clunks from suspension).

I drove almost 20,000 miles the first year I had it. I'm still roughly on that pace over the past 2 months. So I should hit 100,000 somewhere around next August or September.

240k now. getting the bugs worked out. oil filter seal leak is fixed, new coolant tubes leading to it replaced as well. next, new bushings, end links, right side tie rod ends and new front shocks.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

nice!. what's your goal mileage wise? I want 350k and then maybe more.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

178,550 miles on my 2005 runs great...oh yea, there's not much on it that hasn't been replaced or rebuilt. (tranny's been apart 7 times).

Rear diff's been in there about 35,000 miles.

Hey, still running the OEM driveshaft and U joints and 3 out of 4 axles. Left front axle has been replaced 2 times.

Love the car :wub:

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hi Guys and gals. BSM LGT turned 200,000 last week. Original owner bought new and picked up in 9.2005. Royal Purple since 10,000 miles. Have replaced turbo 15,000 miles ago with full engine flush and all that's required by dealer, replaced intake tumbler, throttle body, shocks, end links, sway bushings, rear wheel bearings, new radiator 10,000 miles ago , valve cover gaskets and normal headlight bulbs, battery, etc.

Due for new LCA'S, ball joints and from driver side axle since the boot sleeve is torn. Then new tires and alignment for the winter.

I'm probably forgetting a few minor things, but, the car is great and fun to drive up here in the hills of western NJ. CD player died around 100,000 miles. Plan was to go to at least 250,000 miles when I bought it. Plan to keep as no rust or damage, few dings here and there.

Kudos to Ryan and the team at Fred Beans for excellent services and parts pricing that have allowed me to keep my baby running and in great shape.

See you all on the road, flick your lites to say hi to other subie drivers.

Hi Guys and gals. BSM LGT turned 200,000 last week. Original owner bought new and picked up in 9.2005. Royal Purple since 10,000 miles. Have replaced turbo 15,000 miles ago with full engine flush and all that's required by dealer, replaced intake tumbler, throttle body, shocks, end links, sway bushings, rear wheel bearings, new radiator 10,000 miles ago , valve cover gaskets and normal headlight bulbs, battery, etc.

Due for new LCA'S, ball joints and from driver side axle since the boot sleeve is torn. Then new tires and alignment for the winter.

I'm probably forgetting a few minor things, but, the car is great and fun to drive up here in the hills of western NJ. CD player died around 100,000 miles. Plan was to go to at least 250,000 miles when I bought it. Plan to keep as no rust or damage, few dings here and there.

Kudos to Ryan and the team at Fred Beans for excellent services and parts pricing that have allowed me to keep my baby running and in great shape.

See you all on the road, flick your lites to say hi to other subie drivers.

agreed. ryan at Fred beans is great to deal with!