LegacyGT.com

Android based ECU interface, experience?

I have it, and yes, it works on an 06.

I bought it mainly because i was curious. I got the obdii reader from amazon for $8.00 and used the free version of Torque. It was worth $8.00 for sure. I don't think I will use it again other than to show people how it works, or if I end up needing it to pull a CEL code.

I have it, and yes, it works on an 06.

I bought it mainly because i was curious. I got the obdii reader from amazon for $8.00 and used the free version of Torque. It was worth $8.00 for sure. I don't think I will use it again other than to show people how it works, or if I end up needing it to pull a CEL code.

Mind telling me which OBDii reader you bought? Does Torque do half of what it says?

Mind telling me which OBDii reader you bought? Does Torque do half of what it says?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Koolertron--Check-Engine/dp/B0055AZ0A0/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1324144422&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: ELM 327 Bluetooth OBDII OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner PC Car Diagnostic by Koolertron--Check Engine Light: Automotive[/ame]

This is the one I bought. It looks like the price has gone up since I bought mine... (You may find one cheaper on Ebay, just make sure it is the Bluetooth Elm 327) I didn't buy the full version of Torque (yet), so I can't tell you if it does all of the things it says it can do. I can tell you that the free version does what it says.

It is not one of the most "Polished" apps I have run across, but seems to work good and other than a few visuals, I cant complain.

I attached a screenshot to show how I set up one of the screens.

2011-12-06_17-39-59.thumb.jpg.ef55a6247ea0cee642ddfcd8afcc510d.jpg

i have it, use the paid version, a lot nicer then the free version, gotta get it all set up to your liking tho, but has a lot of useful items in it. nice for pulling codes to. using kiwi Bluetooth adapter. app developer updates at least once a week for new items or bug fixes

i have it, use the paid version, a lot nicer then the free version, gotta get it all set up to your liking tho, but has a lot of useful items in it. nice for pulling codes to. using kiwi Bluetooth adapter. app developer updates at least once a week for new items or bug fixes

Can the Bluetooth receiver be used to connect to a PC as well for the programs (like ROM Raider) used to collect ECU data?

In other words does it take the place of a Tactrix and/ or VAG cable?

haven't tried it, so i couldn't tell ya, i don't see why it couldn't, i'll try to play around with it on the computer and see what it does. wouldn't trust it for reprogramming tho

Hahaha, Amen!....I just thought it would be nice to be able to log to my PC without having the cable running around my feet.

ELM-based devices are much slower than Tactrix-style SSM logging. They're fine for display, but they won't produce useful logs for tuning purposes.

That's good information, but instead of just knowing what will work and what won't work, I'm the kinda guy that asks....Why is it to slow for logging for tuning?

Thanks.

With my car, the 'slow' mode of SSM logging produces about 4-5 rows per second with a dozen parameters per row, which is just enough to see what's going on. The 'fast' mode raises that to about 15 rows per second with about 18 parameters, which is great. Newer cars (07+, if I remember right) can log even faster.

With an ELM device I was seeing maybe 5 updates per second with a single parameter. It's been a while, so I don't remember the rate very clearly, but with 5 parameters selected, I could watch each of them update individually.

If I were to log a pull that way, and see knock in the data log, the time delay from one parameter to the next would make it hard to figure out what the RPM and load parameters were at the time the knock occurred. One second is enough time for those parameters to change quite a bit, and they don't usually change in a linear way. It would be like starting with a regular SSM data log and removing all but one parameter from each row of data.

With my car, the 'slow' mode of SSM logging produces about 4-5 rows per second with a dozen parameters per row, which is just enough to see what's going on. The 'fast' mode raises that to about 15 rows per second with about 18 parameters, which is great. Newer cars (07+, if I remember right) can log even faster.

With an ELM device I was seeing maybe 5 updates per second with a single parameter. It's been a while, so I don't remember the rate very clearly, but with 5 parameters selected, I could watch each of them update individually.

If I were to log a pull that way, and see knock in the data log, the time delay from one parameter to the next would make it hard to figure out what the RPM and load parameters were at the time the knock occurred. One second is enough time for those parameters to change quite a bit, and they don't usually change in a linear way. It would be like starting with a regular SSM data log and removing all but one parameter from each row of data.

Again, good info, thx 4 the update

Ok so I got it all set up, pretty cool....

http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k563/csbrown28/screenshot.jpg

For the boost, and HP data, no idea what these should be, nor am I sure how accurate this info really is.

All in all it's a neat toy.

Archived