LegacyGT.com

Problem When Shifting

Hey, I have an 05 LGT, and at times it can be very difficult to throw it into gear.

And whenever I rip it in first gear, it's nearly impossible to hit it into 2nd.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem, other than purchasing a new clutch?

Everything else is in working order, just very hard to put my car into gear.

I had a similar problem with my car that ended up getting rapidly worse (was like you describe and then I pulled up to a stop light and it wouldn't go back in gear) and ended with me having to have the syncros for 1 and 2 as well as the 1-2 selector fork replaced. Not a cheap fix but definitely solved the problem.

I'll be honest and say I don't know enough about the transmissions to make an accurate diagnosis beyond what I experienced, though.

Just did a lot of research on this out of boredom and it looks like sigmafour has the right idea. It looks like there could be a number of things causing this problem, but its most likely caused by your clutch hydraulics. As sigmafour suggested, I would probably flush your clutch fluid and/or ensure that there is no air in the line. If that doesn't fix it, look into your clutch master and slave cylinders.

• I Donated Too
indeed. You likely have a bad MC or SC - I just wanted you to look in the right place. Progressively worse is exactly what should zero you in on those components, they are drawing in air and leaking fluid - issue gets worse the more you use it...

Archived