LegacyGT.com

CBE power or just sound?

Shotokan1509

I did try searching but not finding exact info on just CBE's, please excuse the Scubnoobster. The CBE's (like Perrin) do they increase power or mainly for sound/looks? If power, what are realistic whp numbers? Car would be stock, possibly tuned.. mod fund would be for my other toy.

10 whp easy. If you put the sticker on your car that adds another 5 whp.

No, but seriously, you probably aren't going to feel much difference with just a CBE. Once you start swapping out the downpipe and (uppipe if your car is - 06), those along with a CBE is where you will see your power gains. Obviosly you would want to run a Cobb Accessport when you switch out the downpipe/uppipe for bigger whp gains.

If your stock its going to mostly sound. You'll pick up a little power, but your not going to really feel that much.

If your stage 2 and switch from OEM CBE to aftermarket you'll feel some pick up in the higher RPM's...at least I did.

The sound just makes you feel like your going much faster then you are if you just replaced the stock cbe. Like the rest said once you upgrade dp/up/ ecu then noticeable gains are achieved!

Obviosly you would want to run a Cobb Accessport when you switch out the downpipe/uppipe for bigger whp gains.

Cobb AP doesn't only get you more gains when doing your downpipe, it also helps you run the setup safer giving your engine a longer life.

Running an aftermarket downpipe without a tune/engine management is bad for your engine, in terms of longevity

Archived