LegacyGT.com

2nd Gen Engine FAQ - Turbos - MPG - Engine Builds - Engine Swaps - Engine Management

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to determine size of an FMIC intercooler for my 98 Leg GT w/wrx swap. I have a mushimoto radiator on the way for a 91-94 Leg Turbo, trying to figure this out, last thing I need to get in to start it.

I was thinking of just getting any ebay FMIC, dont think it will be a problem as far as ive heard

• I Donated
You should be fine with an ebay FMIC. It will obviously have to be custom mounted though. I have the outback bumper on my car just because of the FMIC....it was too big for the regular GT or L bumpers

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

After some research I've found, out some stuff about the H6 swap. engine wise you can swap it right in mount it up to our stock engine mounts and our trans will bolt right up. You have to do a harness merge. and mod the radiator a lil so it fits. then you can start throwing money in to it and get some crazy high HP with a lot of reliability. so far i've seen 2 or 3 cant remember if one was the same or not. But atleast 2 of the newer 3.0s reach over 600 WHP. THats super charged with only 22PSI that in my book makes it worth the extra bit of cash and modding to swap it in. I even think You may be able to swap in like the sti dash and hook it up that way. Not really sure on that. But it could be. the best way to do that swap is to do a full engine trans are rear diff. but if you cant get it all at one time you can get anyone of them and put it on before you got it all. :D I will go and try to find links to some pages about the swap. Brokn. you can go through this and take what you will out of it if you wanna add info to the FAQ

Just wondering. How hard is it to wire in a piggy back on our cars?? I'm thinking if i tune my car it'd be much better. and i have a feelin if i put a cai it will be much better if i can tune it to the car. So i want to know how much it'll cost to run like the greddy whatcha ma call it piggy back. lol

• I Donated

Its not something you would be able to tune yourself. You would be best coming down to Atlanta for a day and visiting Topspeed for a dyno tune.

There is A LOT to tuning a car. Spark advance, duty cycle, a/f ratios, etc. I've spent endless hours researching about it and tinkering around with the stand alone in my sedan, and I'm still not really to the point where I could tune a car from scratch.

I'm not sure about wiring with a piggyback. I know that with the stand alone that I run, I have a 100% custom wiring harness and NONE of the stock sensors. I think that a piggy back that is specifically made for our cars is almost a plug and play thing....but I may be wrong.

Your car would be much better if it were tuned...even in stock form. OEM tunes are geared more towards economy then performance. The EJ25D is 165chp stock....I'm sure it could push 200chp, maybe even a little more if it were tuned a little more on the performance side.

Getting a piggyback or stand alone will open up the door for a lot of mods too. I know you have talked about cams before....guess what, cams will be almost useless unless you tune your car for them.....even a cold air intake is close to useless until you tune the car for it. Tuning lets you get the most out of whatever mods.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I just put the 04 wrx rear end in my 98 Legacy and got new Legacy real half shafts, but when I installed them in the wrx rear end and bolted everything down they come out of the differential a half inch or more.

Am I not using the right axles or is it because they might be newer and stiff still?

• I Donated
How do i take the cams off of the engine????

Very carefully.

How do I get the head bolts loose. They are REALLY tight.

Get a pope. Use the power of God

What is the word?

Everyone has heard about the word! The bird is the word!

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?

Because they taste funny

I love boobies.

We all do

Edited by broknindarkagain

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• 2 weeks later...