LegacyGT.com

Manual Map on auto

jjtjp

Sorry if this is wrong section, but could anybody offer me their assistance?

Skip the following if you don't want background info:

I purchased an 05 LGT wagon recently and have had a intermittent check engine light as well as some other gremlins such as being able to start my car in any gear. I thought maybe bad signal from inhibitor switch so I followed wires and cleaned connectors. In doing this I discovered that my ecu was not original (it said "Subaru Parts car" on back of it. I starting thinking for some reason, what if it has the wrong ecu/map on it from a manual and this is causing my issues. So I bought a vag-com and got it working today and this is what I found out:

Romraider says my CAL ID is A2WC510N and my ECU ID is 2F12785206. According to Romraider that is from an 05 LGT MT. My question is this. Can I flash an Auto map (my car is stock except for mufflers) from that page, and if so, which of the three do I flash? Thanks sooo much to anyone who can offer some help.

The check engine light is related to having the manual trans map on your car, it is probably a neutral safety switch error. Did you have the code read?

Once you switch back to an auto trans. map, this will go away.

Fyi, I'm running a manual trans map on my Auto Forester, and got this check engine light.

Yea, it is p0852. Neutral input circuit high. I tried flashing the highest version number for a Automatic, but I was having problems. Romraider works great, but I can't get ecuflash to connect. with neither the newest version nor 1.29. Any tips? I've tried every variation of green and white connectors.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

In case anyone searches and/or cares....

I finally got rid of my EcuTek lock on my ecu by marrying then un-marrying an accessport. Then I flashed a stock Auto Trans map for my car and all is well. Same ecu. So at least going from manual to auto, no change other than map needed.

Archived