LegacyGT.com

Car Names

How many of your cars have names? Since we're here, we all obviously care about and are in touch with our cars. How many of you are in touch with them enough that you know their names? You can't just give a name to a car, you have to discover it.

Of the 9 cars I've had (not counting a number of work vehicles), only 3 had names, and I got rid of the last one over 4 years ago. I spend a lot of time in mY LGT wagon and it's far from soulless, but it doesn't have a name yet. Maybe it'll come to me next week, I don't know. You can't rush it, but it feels odd for it to not have a name.

So do any of your cars have names, or did any of your old ones?

My 77 Sedan deVille was The Elephant. My 89 Accord was Al. My second 89 Accord was Al, Jr.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I named my LGT "Wilson". From Wilson in House MD. The car was sleek, professional, but also fun and inviting. Kind of like the character Wilson. And no, i'm not gay. :)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4742/tennan1sd.jpg

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

I named my LGT "Wilson". From Wilson in House MD. The car was sleek, professional, but also fun and inviting. Kind of like the character Wilson. And no, i'm not gay. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ghey!!! I think I hear the closet door opening!!!

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I named my car PHATTA. Cause I'm PHAT, but my car is PHATTA!!! Ha ha ha!

lolol... resisting hard about making any comments... my car is my g/f, she doesnt have a name. Sometimes its F**kin b**ch, other times its, H*ll yeah, it really just depends on whether it gives me a good 1/4 mile time or if I am going very slowly down the track and I hear this thumping noise coming from my broke rear half shaft... its just like a g/f friend though, can piss you off one minute but then make you feel better then anything in the world the next minute..

feminine pronouns, but no proper name. I have never felt moved enough to name a machine... but maybe it is possible... :dunno:

ships, boats, cars, etc... and other transportation machines traditionally have feminine names, unless they have a specific male namesake for a specific reason, and even with masculine namesake, are still traditionally referred to with feminine pronouns.

naming your car is lame

what, you thought there'd be a smiley down here? Nope, sorry, but naming your car is lame

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Why not cut to the chase and rename your car "Nocturnal Emission"?

How many of your cars have names? Since we're here, we all obviously care about and are in touch with our cars. How many of you are in touch with them enough that you know their names? You can't just give a name to a car, you have to discover it.

Of the 9 cars I've had (not counting a number of work vehicles), only 3 had names, and I got rid of the last one over 4 years ago. I spend a lot of time in mY LGT wagon and it's far from soulless, but it doesn't have a name yet. Maybe it'll come to me next week, I don't know. You can't rush it, but it feels odd for it to not have a name.

So do any of your cars have names, or did any of your old ones?

My 77 Sedan deVille was The Elephant. My 89 Accord was Al. My second 89 Accord was Al, Jr.

I have dubbed my car's name:

Charlton Butterworth III

My 90 civic wagon is called the "bullet" it has put so many cars to shame. It rocks a SOHC VTEC motor. My friends all refer to it as the bullet also.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's just about the funniest SH1t I have ever heard!!!:lol: :lol:

Infamous1 you are one funny dude!!!

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I have dubbed my car's name:

Charlton Butterworth III

Heh. Al was short for J. Alfred Roofrack.

What I don't get is why so few cars get names. Of my 9 cars only 2 really had names. Al Jr. just got a hand me down name. I didn't go out of my way to name them, I haven't named my wagon and I haven't had a named car in years. I agree that it's lame, but if a car's got a name, then it's got a name and you have to admit it.

I just don't understand how I could put more than 45,000 on my LGT wagon, by far the most fun and capable of all the cars in my life, and still not have a name for it.

I've only named three or four cars in my life. I had a VW that I named Spanky, A Mazda that I had named Jade and a Subaru Legacy GT that I've named Wayne.

Wayne isn't the most beautiful, but he's strong, sturdy, reliable and one of the best automotive friends I've ever had.

I had a '73 Honda Civic that tended to mis- and backfire while at speed. Named it Buck.

I had a 1986 VW GTi in tornado red and went to a Ferrari Club meeting at Summit Point racetrack. On the way home, I floored it to catch up to Ferrari BB512 ahead of me and was racing along a 100 mph on a back country road. Caught the Ferrari due to a stoplight. Its side glass was tinted to a mirror finish (utterly pimp), and some trashy vixen rolled down the passenger window, looked over her sunglasses and rolled her eyes at me. The GTi was forever more "Enzo Junior the Beastial GTi," named by a buddy in the backseat.

My wife named my stage 2 LGT wagon "Petter." Nuff said.

Archived