LegacyGT.com

Ok, my first thread folks ... and I did a fair amount of searching on this subject. However, given the level of experience in this community, I'd like to hear your responses. If there is a thread or online resource that you know, please let me know.

As I read up on engine maintenance, I am floored by the number of sensors on the 2.2L ej22e engine. In the course of reading recommendations, I hear other posters talk about these different sensors - MAF, O2, etc. Sometimes people recommend 'cleaning' this sensor or 'checking' that sensor.

Now, I have a car with 102K miles on it and it seems to be running just fine. However, should I be checking, cleaning or otherwise replacing certain sensors after a 100K? As far as I know, they are all working ... if they weren't, wouldn't I get a Check Engine Light? Right now, the CEL lights up on ignition then goes off ... and I have no other indications that any of the sensors are malfunctioning. Should I check them out anyway? If so, which ones?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I think the CEL comes on by default when you turn to on pos as all th lights on mine do. Sounds like you got a good car there!

"The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection." -Carver Snell

Sent from my stupidphone using some dumb app that's on my stupidphone.

The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection - Carver Snell

Check out 2nd Gen Legacy Enthusiast & Resource Directory

@Jarmerson - yes, it comes on, as do all the other indicator lights - ABS, CEL, Oil, etc - and then they all go off as they should (now that I changed all the little incandescent bulbs in the panel - lol).

@Brok - yes, I read that excellent thread. It started my curiosity about other sensors/components. Going to check the MAF and oxygen sensors.

Any others that are prone to wear and tear? Not looking for trouble, just want to get smart on components that tend to need replacing as part of routine maintenance.

• I Donated

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Spark plugs, wireset, air filter, timing belt, and water pump are all regular maintenance. Other then that, just make sure everything is cleaned according to the thread I linked.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

@hemingway I misunderstood what you were saying; thought it was an inquiry not a confirm that all was seemingly in order. :)

"The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection." -Carver Snell

Sent from my stupidphone.

The only reason I look at other peoples cars is so I can see my Subie in the reflection - Carver Snell

Check out 2nd Gen Legacy Enthusiast & Resource Directory

Archived