LegacyGT.com

Line output conveter to what?

RIPjeep2002

Hey guys, Got the HK system in my 09 with the 7 speakers. Just ordered a sub and amp for my trunk for a hidden enclosure. The amp does not have speaker level inputs so I bought a line output converter from Scosche.....

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SLC4/Scosche-SLC4.html?tp=2001

Question is, where do I tap the speaker wires? pre HK amp? Tap the wires for the deck sub? Any help would be great. Thanks

You should tap on after the amp at a speaker for a couple of reasons. 1. You dont have to pull the deck out. 2. Amplified signal to the coverter. (more power in, better signal out) Also sub amps almost never produce engine noise, unless something is wrong with the amp.

That sounds like a true statement. I was thinking about tapping the wires that go to the deck sub?

That sounds like a true statement. I was thinking about tapping the wires that go to the deck sub?

That should fine, but keep in mind that the factory sub is already crossed over and some cheaper line output converters can't handle the the high wattage that goes to the subwoofer compared to the interior speakers. Good Luck!

That should fine, but keep in mind that the factory sub is already crossed over and some cheaper line output converters can't handle the the high wattage that goes to the subwoofer compared to the interior speakers. Good Luck!

So what is your opinion? Wire it to a door speaker since the factory sub on the HK has more power?

i agree with focus. There will be interference from the hk amp.

I have an LOC. but i dont have an HK unit. I got forward and reverse harnesses and use them to t-connect the LOC.

I find this better because pulling the HU is easy and most speakers are in the doors and i find door panel removal a PITA. If you want to tap speaker outputs you should use the jl cleansweep then.

I dont know if its the same for the HK unit. but here you go. Like i said i used a forward and revers harnes and t-connect the LOC so i didnt have to cut wires in case i wanted to removed everything. Actually it helped me pull my system outa my WRX when i totaled it.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=749402

I agree that the Cleansweep unit is overpriced!

Thats why I recommend products from Audiocontrol...they even have a number of units that allow you to connect external inputs without having to worry about the jazzy or other mods...

Obviously, I have an '05 without an input...

i agree with focus. There will be interference from the hk amp.

I have an LOC. but i dont have an HK unit. I got forward and reverse harnesses and use them to t-connect the LOC.

I find this better because pulling the HU is easy and most speakers are in the doors and i find door panel removal a PITA. If you want to tap speaker outputs you should use the jl cleansweep then.

I am an installer and a l.o.c. will not just pick up inteference from an amplified signal. The signal would have to be "dirty" to start with and being that it is factory and a newer car it will be fine. Also you can catch the signal in the side pillar between the front and back door on drivers side.

^ you are right!

but i forgot to put my point in there for taping the signal before the amp.

As you know most stock amps hinder the bass level at high volume to protect the stock speakers and since hes running an aftermarket sub and amp that effect would be undesirable less a cleansweep or similar unit. Thats my main reason as to why he should do it before the amp.

I am an installer and a l.o.c. will not just pick up inteference from an amplified signal. The signal would have to be "dirty" to start with and being that it is factory and a newer car it will be fine. Also you can catch the signal in the side pillar between the front and back door on drivers side.

Thanks for the location.

^ you are right!

As you know most stock amps hinder the bass level at high volume to protect the stock speakers and since hes running an aftermarket sub and amp that effect would be undesirable less a cleansweep or similar unit. Thats my main reason as to why he should do it before the amp.

The signal coming from the HK head unit is low level to begin with. That is a handicap in itself. The "hindered" bass is more than compensated for in the new amp.

MTX Re-Q is 500% better than a normal line out converter and not that expensive. It's still not Cleansweap though. I tried a plain line out converter in my car initially, it was awful.

Also, it's ridiculously easy to wire up the line out converter, use the search function, thats what it's made for. Hint, search for a reverse wire harness to make your wiring endeavors quicker and less intrusive.

^ you are right!

i think whathe was saying was since it is factory amp, and its new the signal is good and interference shouldbe minimal so he is encouraging me to tap post HK amp.

Archived