LegacyGT.com

FMS Header Leak

Well the nightnare is almost over with my 2003 Legact GT Finally after a tranny rebuild, the OEM turbo failure, & a spun bearing on the #3 cylinder resulting in a complete engine rebuild (all off this in only 1 year). Finally after the engine has been rebuilt (for a second time), it seems to be holding together this time. Right now I have an annoying issue with an exhaust leak that's comming from the slip joint in the Fast Motorsort Header. Right where the 2 sections of the header meet there is a slip joint;at start up, & at idle the leak isn't very noticible. But under acceleration the leak from the header makes it sound like I driving a Lawn Boy down the road.

I've been seaching for any threads concerning slip joint headers, & a possible repairable exhaust leak. I haven't found any solutoins that sound good to me. I don't want to weld the header due to the problems with cracking the header due to the heat expansin of the motor. I've tried to contact Fast Motorsports to see if they have a solutoin for the leak. When I first received, & examined the header,I didn't thing anything about the slip jount in the center of the header. Especially considering that the ZRX (my motorcycle) has a TiForce exhaust with slip joints throgh the system & I've never heard any unusual noises from it.

I was hoping that someone here might have come across a solutoin for a slip joint header leak.

Here's a solution:

Don't buy shitty FMS parts.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived