LegacyGT.com

radiator help

hop on rockauto.com and order a new one. They range from 75-150. Will likely be a better option than buying a used one and not that much more expensive. They have quick shipping. When I've purchased from rockauto I received my parts within 36 hours.

• I Donated Too
And don't get hung up about the radiators shown being all for auto... the radiators fit MT and are just the same, they just have the connections for the auto trans cooler IF you have one. The prices tend to range all over but the part is ultimately the same unless you're buying a truly aftermarket one like the Mishimoto.

The Mishimoto is big. you have to be careful about the clearance with the fan and the top hose. The fan will shave a hole in about a months time...trust me on that one...

Its a very nice piece, holds about a gallon more coolant or more.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I ended up getting a stock one for $110 in stock I needed it done this weekend so it's in now and headlights are in the oven might as well while they are out

Thanks for the help guys wish I had time to wait on a monster rad but the wife has work and so do I in the morning need both cars

So turns out the douche I bought car from had a mostly water mix in the rad and it exploded in the 3° temp what other subie rads fit? Since finding an aftermarket for a food price for a lgt is impossible

Sorry to hear about the radiator! Sounds like you were lucky this was the only component damaged.

The Mishimoto is big. you have to be careful about the clearance with the fan and the top hose. The fan will shave a hole in about a months time...trust me on that one...

Its a very nice piece, holds about a gallon more coolant or more.

Thanks for the kind words! Our radiator is certainly thicker than the stock unit which can effect the location of the radiator hoses. We do recommend minor trimming of the hoses so they are not clipped by the fans.

It is tight with the Mishimoto. Worth it though! Been running with new gates hoses for a number of months now.

http://m.mishimoto.com/subaru-impreza-sti-performance-aluminum-radiator-08.html

The Mishimoto rad cap is crap though keep and use your stock one.

I'll have to swap my OEM cap on to it. I heard someone else say that too.

Thanks

Thanks guys! We've recently revised our radiator cap with a new, more durable design. If you have one of our later versions with a failed old cap, please contact our warranty department to acquire a new unit!

I ended up getting a stock one for $110 in stock I needed it done this weekend so it's in now and headlights are in the oven might as well while they are out

Thanks for the help guys wish I had time to wait on a monster rad but the wife has work and so do I in the morning need both cars

Glad to hear you got everything sorted out! Enjoy the car. :)

It is tight with the Mishimoto. Worth it though! Been running with new gates hoses for a number of months now.

http://m.mishimoto.com/subaru-impreza-sti-performance-aluminum-radiator-08.html

The Mishimoto rad cap is crap though keep and use your stock one.

Gex, how did the gates hoses fit? Are you running the Mishi fans too? I ended up trimming my stock upper hose so it wouldn't get nipped by the fans like Max said. I've been down that road twice before. I'm still cleaning antifreeze mineral deposits off my engine bay from the last time it blew a pinhole. :lol:

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Sorry to hear about the radiator! Sounds like you were lucky this was the only component damaged.

Thanks for the kind words! Our radiator is certainly thicker than the stock unit which can effect the location of the radiator hoses. We do recommend minor trimming of the hoses so they are not clipped by the fans.

Thanks guys! We've recently revised our radiator cap with a new, more durable design. If you have one of our later versions with a failed old cap, please contact our warranty department to acquire a new unit!

Glad to hear you got everything sorted out! Enjoy the car. :)

Glad to see your on the forum, welcome.

Next I get a chance I'll take a picture of my cap and have you check it to if it's the new one.

Max

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Gex, how did the gates hoses fit? Are you running the Mishi fans too? I ended up trimming my stock upper hose so it wouldn't get nipped by the fans like Max said. I've been down that road twice before. I'm still cleaning antifreeze mineral deposits off my engine bay from the last time it blew a pinhole. :lol:

I had to trim the top I believe about 1" on each side and the lower hose about 1". I am running the stock fans. I am using the gates hoses because my stocker was eaten by not the fan but the power steering pulley :spin:. No issues since switching and trimming the hoses properly.

Sorry about that! Sounds like we need to be a bit more clear about install instructions for this particular component.

Glad to see your on the forum, welcome.

Next I get a chance I'll take a picture of my cap and have you check it to if it's the new one.

Max

Thank you for the welcome! Our revised cap is shown below!

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-62631657248580/mishimoto-high-pressure-1-3-bar-radiator-cap-small-179.jpg

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-62631657248580/mishimoto-high-pressure-1-3-bar-radiator-cap-small-182.jpg

Thanks!

• 4 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread!!

I've had the mishi rad on my 07 lgt for about a year now. As far as caps go I have the oem radiator cap on the mishi and the oem turbo rad cap in the same location - on the turbo res. The car overheats.

I am hearing mixed things about placement... some are saying to put the mishi cap on the turbo res and to keep the oem radiator cap on the mishi rad...

Seems confusing... Been researching for about an hour and found nothing.. can someone point me in the right direction or let me know what I should do with my caps?

Sorry to revive an old thread!!

I've had the mishi rad on my 07 lgt for about a year now. As far as caps go I have the oem radiator cap on the mishi and the oem turbo rad cap in the same location - on the turbo res. The car overheats.

I am hearing mixed things about placement... some are saying to put the mishi cap on the turbo res and to keep the oem radiator cap on the mishi rad...

Seems confusing... Been researching for about an hour and found nothing.. can someone point me in the right direction or let me know what I should do with my caps?

Oem round cap without ears on radiator. Oem cap with ears on turbo coolant tank.

I have the Mishi cap pictured above on the radiator and the OEM cap with ears on the turbo tank like its supposed top be.

Turbo tank cap with ears say's 108kPa at the bottom of label.

Cool to see a vendor as large as Mishimoto active on these forums. I wonder how many others lurk/chime in when pertinent.

@Mishimoto, I was disappointed to see you guys don't carry an ancillary hose kit for our vehicles. I would imagine that it would have decent demand being that the 08-14 WRX shares the same design. Obviously you guys can't make something if there is no market for it, so I am sure you guys have considered it. Maybe it didn't make sense or you didn't see enough demand. That's understandable.

I found that Samco is the only one who makes a proper kit, but they are not always the easiest to get parts from and they tend to be a bit more expensive than equivalent Mishimoto stuff. Fortunately RallySportDirect had the hoses in stock.

Just advocating for the rest of the community. Again, I am not sure how much demand there actually is for these parts.