LegacyGT.com

Cobb ots stg 2

Protune

With that many mods you need a protune to get the most out of them and have a "safe" tune.

The OTS maps are designed for Cobb products, each car is different even if the mods are the same.

Protune will be tailored to your specific setup.

That being said, I think you are using the correct OTS map for your setup. If you have doubts you can always email Cobb. They've always gotten back to me quickly.

Intercooler is one of those highly debated issues.

"You can install without a tune, you just won't get the full benefit" gets thrown around a lot.

At least his TMIC is comparable in size to the stock TMIC and not the much larger GS or PW units.

Etune from Cryo or TA would be easy.

Certainly a pro tune is a good idea, but the OTS stage 2 is OK for that setup. However, you may want to reconsider the K&N. Oiled filters are problematic for MAF vehicles in general and especially so for these. Google for details.

Also, the Perrin IC is pointless with stock turbo and fueling.

When I bought my GT wagon the previous owner ran with Headers, uppipe, downpipe, Perrin intercooler, and Cobb OTS Stage 2 tune. It had 160k miles on it and it ran fine, but after a pro tune it runs finer. Definitely worth what it cost.

Certainly a pro tune is a good idea, but the OTS stage 2 is OK for that setup. However, you may want to reconsider the K&N. Oiled filters are problematic for MAF vehicles in general and especially so for these. Google for details.

Also, the Perrin IC is pointless with stock turbo and fueling.

Been using K&N filters for many years in all my cars and I have never had an issue. Issue comes from over oiling during the cleaning process.

Archived