LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy model on order...

tealdub

Has anyone else on here ordered an '09 model yet? I have heard rumors about release dates being later in the year, so I went to my local dealer and ordered an '09 spec B. They said it should be in btw. the 2nd and 3rd week in July. So I guess there are a few questions...

1) Has anyone else ordered an '09 model?

2) Why are they being released so early?

3) Any indication of expected production numbers on the spec B?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I think you're the first one on the forums.

2) Non-refreshed models are released June/July, whereas refreshes/redesigns are out in Sept.

3) No, but probably low. '07 spec.B's had under 500 produced, no clue on '08 models

-ben

its not until june/july when the 09 legacy will be out.

the only 09 leggy are just the PZEV vehicles.

peace

What does that mean? My '09 spec B will be PZEV? I know my expected build date and the arrival date is around July 7, and I already have an assigned VIN number. :confused:

No pricing is currently available...although the dealer "speculates" around 34k. I tried calling (800)SUBARU3 customer service today to see if they could fax me over some specs on the car, or '09 Legacy pricing sheets, but they were already gone. Nice. Anyways, the dealer said that yesterday they were allocated their 1st shipment of '09 Legacys and they were a NA's (2.5i Limited & 2.5i SE) models. No turbo model available as of yet. They said I would be the first to have one. I would think that during production of a certain model they would make more than just one, it wouldn't be cost effective. I guess we will wait and see what happens and call Subaru customer service again after the holiday weekend. As I said before though, my car is allocated with expected delivery of July 7, and also already has a VIN #, so I know its at least on its way.

If anyone else has any additional info, please post it. Thanks.

Wow, you have more onions than I do… No way I'd order a new car without a price guarantee. 34K is MSRP ± … Invoice is probably like 31.5. That's a lot of scratch.

There are still spec Bs on lots from 08 so demand isn't that high…

Just FYI.

Wow, you have more onions than I do… No way I'd order a new car without a price guarantee. 34K is MSRP ± … Invoice is probably like 31.5. That's a lot of scratch.

just b/c he ordered it doesn't mean he's locked in. if they try to gig him, he could still walk and they know they might then be stuck with that car for a while so they'll likely be willing to deal. and remember, you, um..........

[loses train of thought while staring at biginalegacy's avatar]

Did you get the HK Stereo?

I think it is standard equipment on the turbo and SE models.

just b/c he ordered it doesn't mean he's locked in. if they try to gig him, he could still walk and they know they might then be stuck with that car for a while so they'll likely be willing to deal. and remember, you, um..........

[loses train of thought while staring at biginalegacy's avatar]

Yeah, I have bought plenty of vehicles there anyways, and I also buy plenty of parts for myself and my friends. I think everyone knows me on a first name basis, from the 70 year old cashier to the sales managers. So I think I am pretty safe. Lets put it this way, when I want to order a car, ex:my 07 STi limited, all I have to do is call over there, and its handled. No money down, no bs, just good business ethics.

Update:

Called Subaru3 yesterday, they said there is no info (pricing or specs) available yet. The rep. said they vehicle would probably hit the dealer before they actually had any info, and that dealers get specs and/or brochures before they do :confused:.

Also, the dealer called me yesterday and said the car would be in probably before the end of June, approx. the 30th. This is going a lot faster than expected. They (the dealer) also said they would have the car and we would be getting a loan before the "lenders" actually had new vehicle prices.

Update:

Called Subaru3 yesterday, they said there is no info (pricing or specs) available yet. The rep. said they vehicle would probably hit the dealer before they actually had any info, and that dealers get specs and/or brochures before they do :confused:.

Also, the dealer called me yesterday and said the car would be in probably before the end of June, approx. the 30th. This is going a lot faster than expected. They (the dealer) also said they would have the car and we would be getting a loan before the "lenders" actually had new vehicle prices.

FYI - I got my 08 last year at the beginning of July. It had just come out and had to be driven in from another local dealership. So yeah, I think late June sounds about right.

FYI - I got my 08 last year at the beginning of July. It had just come out and had to be driven in from another local dealership. So yeah, I think late June sounds about right.

:whore:

My story exactly... was waiting for my baby to come for a few weeks in June. Meanwhile I drove a 2007 Sonata as a rental car... made me love the LGT even more when I got it! :lol:

UPDATE:

My car was delivered to the dealer yesterday. Regardless of delivery date, being a month earlier than expected, I am excited. It is BEAUTIFUL :wub: I will post pics ASAP.

BTW: MSRP $36,500 (after $1200 worth of accessories). XM, short shifter, and armrest extension. I am expecting to pay about $500 over invoice, about $34,000 ;)

UPDATE:

My car was delivered to the dealer yesterday. Regardless of delivery date, being a month earlier than expected, I am excited. It is BEAUTIFUL :wub: I will post pics ASAP.

BTW: MSRP $36,500 (after $1200 worth of accessories). XM, short shifter, and armrest extension. I am expecting to pay about $500 over invoice, about $34,000 ;)

WOAH! Very Cool!

Pics indeed!!

Archived