LegacyGT.com

electrochromatic (auto dim) side mirrors

leggtnut

I searche and didn't find anything, can't believe that I couldn't find anything. But does these exist in any market, or can the current dimming mirror control more than itself?

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Yes, My mom had it in her 2000 c230 sedan and loved it. Each time I drove it, I really liked how if a car came up from behind, I wasn't blinded by the side mirrors like the interior one.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

didn't know that asbhy was being sold. Know the current owner, he did a bunch of work for us and is a stand up guy. I don't take bear creeek much because there are just to many crazy's on that road to make it safe anymore. But I take 9 just about every day.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

didn't know that asbhy was being sold. Know the current owner, he did a bunch of work for us and is a stand up guy. I don't take bear creeek much because there are just to many crazy's on that road to make it safe anymore. But I take 9 just about every day.

I know this is OT, but...

My mom is Lyn who has run the office for Jim Ashby for about 15 years or something like that, her husband (my step-dad) is an inspector that's been there longer IIRC. Anyhoo, they're buying it from Jim because he's moving to Fresno. I actually worked there in high school too.

Wifes 01 A4 has them....they do not have any tint during the day and are controlled by a light sensor on the rear view mirror. If it senses that light is brighter behind the car it automatically dims all three mirrors. Very sweet. I have my front windows tinted and that helps but still now where near as good as the dimming feature.

other car manufacturers (e.g. acura) also slightly lower the side view mirrors when reversing. handy when you need to parallel park and dont want curb rashes.

I would love to have that. :spin:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

• 3 years later...

Archived