LegacyGT.com

alright, so i dreaded asking this for fear id get flamed, BUTT now i have some extra cash....

with the exception of fabrication, how hard would it be to put a different engine in my 2.5i? specifically something from an sti. something i could use forced induction with:cool:

my plan was to pick up a full STI drivetrain. engine, trans, and whatever else came with it. id swap it all in and call it a day. my only problem is, i want everything to work. all the gauges, all the CELs, everything. the problems i could think of are :

NAs uses a coil pack, FAs uses COP.

is the stock ECU tuneable? i plan on building the block to withold 500hp, but i want to be around 400.

actually thats all i could run into. is the ECU tuneable, or even compatiable with the sti engine, or would i need to piggyback the sti computer? or could i use a computer out of a lgt?

i hope i dont get flamed. im coming from the world of high performance diesels, and i dont really know anything about subarus. so bare with me.

Lots of work, but if you want to do it, swap in the wiring harness from the donor too. I have done 1 swap and rewire already and will not do it again unless the car is that rare or desirable. Do yourself a favor and trade up to a GT. Life will be so much simpler.

Terry

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

You will most likely need everything. Engine, trans, rear diff, driveshafts, ecu, wiring harnesses, etc.

The ecu can be tuned just fine, you've got a tough and expensive road ahead of you..good luck haha

*edit* damn I'm too slow

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

alright, so i dreaded asking this for fear id get flamed, BUTT now i have some extra cash....

with the exception of fabrication, how hard would it be to put a different engine in my 2.5i? specifically something from an sti. something i could use forced induction with:cool:

my plan was to pick up a full STI drivetrain. engine, trans, and whatever else came with it. id swap it all in and call it a day. my only problem is, i want everything to work. all the gauges, all the CELs, everything. the problems i could think of are :

NAs uses a coil pack, FAs uses COP.

is the stock ECU tuneable? i plan on building the block to withold 500hp, but i want to be around 400.

actually thats all i could run into. is the ECU tuneable, or even compatiable with the sti engine, or would i need to piggyback the sti computer? or could i use a computer out of a lgt?

i hope i dont get flamed. im coming from the world of high performance diesels, and i dont really know anything about subarus. so bare with me.

A little bit more research on your part should make the picture clearer and come to think of it, a good option for you would be a kit :)

Search for "Swap" in this forum and read through the threads

Lots of work, but if you want to do it, swap in the wiring harness from the donor too. I have done 1 swap and rewire already and will not do it again unless the car is that rare or desirable. Do yourself a favor and trade up to a GT. Life will be so much simpler.

Terry

Yeah i helped merge a RS and WRX harness (01 RS with 04 WRX) it was very enlightening and made me appreciate ECS soooo much more lol

• 6 months later...

Hey man, I saw your post in the low legacy thread and figured i would keep it on topic.

Are you planning to do turbo block with 2.5i heads? avo kit?

a part of me just wants to upgrade to an lgt/spec b and a part of me wants to build it myself in a few years once i get my moneys worth out of the n/a 2.5i. I am hoping for 200k miles, I have 110k so far. So, it seems we might be on the same boat.

I see you are into diesels...have you looked into this?....

http://www.boxeer.com/

plans are, as of right now, semi-built EJ255 block with EJ253 heads (reground cams and a valve job) and a nice big snail. originally, the plan was to supercharge it. i started to custom fab an intake manifold to utilize a charger off of a ford f150 lightning, which i already had ported and what not, but my friends garage which i was storing everything in, burned down and i lost my supercharger, my manifold, and my ej255 short block. so im back to square one -.-

as for the diesels, its funny you bring that up. last night i just decided i wanted to pick up a forester to daily so i could put the legacy under, and then when the legg was done i was gonna diesel swap the legacy with the boxer diesel.

Archived