LegacyGT.com

Might get some '11 WRX 17" wheels w/snow tires - potential fitment issues?

I found a set of '11 WRX 17" wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks. The rims appear to be in great shape and the tires have less than 15k on them. They are 17" x 8" with 53mm offset. And the tires are 235/45R17 94T.

I would think that they would fit just fine but was wondering if anyone could let me know of any potential problems with fitment. My '93 SS is on stock suspension and springs.

My wife likes to ski and I want to get her a good winter setup. I like the style of rim and think they would look great.

1831155146_WRXwheels.jpg.e9dde5a8424a1cd5d2fd9acbe85d7234.jpg

I would be most concerned with the clearance of the struts springs to the rim. You can roll the fenders if you rub in some heavy off-camber situations. I had to roll the fenders for +53 225/45/17, but Im about 1-1/2" lowered and the coilovers give me the clearance on the inside. I would definetely try them on first. Those are some nice wheels and will have tons more grip.

Yeah I think they look pretty cool. If I have to roll the fenders I'm psyched to do so. Tomorrow I'm going to go pick them up in the BK and surprise my wife with her new setup. I haven't seen a first gen with them on so it will be fun to see how they look.

I'll ask the seller if I can bring them back right away if I have a severe fitment issue minus some cash on my end.

I went to check out the wheels and decided to pass.

The seller said that the rims were in great condition and that the Blizzaks had 70% of the tread left. But when I got to her place three of the rims had some serious curb rash and the tread was down to the wear bars!!!! :mad:

I showed her pictures of what the tread should look like and she said that she would go down a bit in price but it was not worth it. Lesson learned: Get pics of every tire and a tread depth gauge in action.

So I think I'll just buy some Blizzaks for the stockers for the winter and come spring work out a good summer setup.

I had RS wheels which are only 16x7, and I had to get a smaller tire in order to keep them from rubbing on the rear bottom spring perch on the struts.

From what I have read on bbs it seems '93 tleggys may have a bit more room in the rear, but I haven't confirmed this.

Thanks guys!

Archived