LegacyGT.com

Verizon Truck Dented My Door!

EvilCamaroSS

So, I had my car parked in the parking lot at work, next to a verizon truck, i left work late last night (The verizon truck was long gone), and didn't see the dent, but this morning when I went out to the garage, I saw the dent, and the big white scuff marks in my black paint.

The question is, do I have an recourse? I have DVR footage showing the Verizon truck next to my car, and possibly even footage of the car moving when hit. (Security is reviewing the DVR) but the actual damage occurred outside of the view of sight (the door not facing the camera).

It just pisses me off that these yokels don't care about anything when they are in their work trucks. I plan at the very least to call and speak to his supervisor and possibly try to get verizon to pay for it. We have his name and license plate number.

Anyone else have any experience with something like this? Also how would I get this fixed? It's a small dent a little bigger than a quarter, and the paint is scuffed, leaving a big white mark.

He may not even have realized he hit you, given the size of the dent. I would say you do have recourse, but I'd probably try not to be too aggro about it on the first go-round. People make mistakes, and dudes get fired for less.

Fortunately it was Verizon, who has the resources to pay for it and probably deals with that sort of thing regularly. If it had been Bob's Flower Shop, Pet Salon, and Takeout Taxi you might have a harder time getting them to own up to it.

Without actually seeing the dent, if you didn't lose any paint it could very well be fixed with PDR methods and a good buffing. Either way it's a pretty cut and dried repair for any decent body shop.

Archived